Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ishow dac

Hi everyone,

My first post and very new to the laser show scene.

I do have this DAC and the iShow software.

The power input on that DAC is definately 12V @ 2.0A.
    The power supply I was supplied with is a multi-input voltage adaptor from 100-240v 50/60hz output 12v @ 2.0Aand is a UK 3 pin plug, I am from the UK.

The software is also known as iTop and others I think.

The software is awful and yes some of the ILDA files do wizz through really quickly, there is a away to correct this, I will try and remember how to do it and make another post.

When I got this software I created a load of very simply drawings and converted them to ILDA format for use with (hopefully) other DAC/software. Well I now have Medialas Mamba Black DAC/Software and this is a superb program. So I tried to open the drawings I saved in iShow as ILDA files and guess what nada, nothing display, empty frames
    So I thought not a problem I will re-create them in Mamba Black and export them as ILDA so I can then put them on an SD card so my laser can play the shows via DMX control with the rest of my lighting gear. Open the ILDA files in IShow and guess what, yep they don't work.

I have 2 options.
    1) Create my shows in iShow, frame by frame and then save to the SD card to use via the DMX controller. Which I do not want to do.
    2)Get a very long cable from the DAC to the laser to use the Mamba Black shows on another laptop. Which I do not want to do.

So I am stuffed

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would most appreciate it.

Cheers

André

hi

thanks for your input andre. unfortunatly i cant help with your query but i am eagerly waiting your recollection of how to sort out the problem with the fast paced ishow problem. i am using my laser for my mobile dj so ishow is adaquate for creating shapes etc and does not warrant the extra cost of mamba for my own geekishness. any advice on how to import shows from mamba to ishow to run off the dac would be fantastic

Well I am sorry, the software iShow is sooooo full of bugs I cannot get an ilda file to convert and get it to slow down.
    Try converting an ild file to a section and then back again adjusting the speed as you go. I bet you get an ild file that does not play.
    I even pulled some ild files into mamba and created a show from the frames and then exported as an ilda file and all I get is a blank screen with numbers in the top left counting away but no graphics. Have now found out that Mamba only saves any frames that you create. It does not save all the frames that it creates in a scene when you use all the effects even for use in Live Player but it does say that Liveplayer is not fully supported yet., so I am now wondering if that is a bug in Mamba.
    So it looks as if I will have to create my shows frame by frame if I want to have them played back from an SD card via DMX.

Default Ishow DAC

Hi all

My first post here so be gentle!

I have the Ishow software and DAC with an NRG RGY 190mw laser projector (bought from ebay).

I have used it a little bit but have found 2 issues:

IShow is poo! Does any of the other software out there work with this DAC? If not, I have looked around for an alternative DAC and I can find info but hard to find a site that states a price - can anyone point me at a site that actually sells them!!!

The scanners don't seem to be tuned very well...or are not up to much. The images are all quite poor. What I mean is that circles get little extra loops or curls, squares are a little rounded etc. Is there anything I can do to improve this or have I just bought too cheaply?

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance on what, I have a horrible feeling, is going to end up a Very expensive hobby

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wirralguy View Post
    Hi all

My first post here so be gentle!

I have the Ishow software and DAC with an NRG RGY 190mw laser projector (bought from ebay).

I have used it a little bit but have found 2 issues:

IShow is poo! Does any of the other software out there work with this DAC? If not, I have looked around for an alternative DAC and I can find info but hard to find a site that states a price - can anyone point me at a site that actually sells them!!!

The scanners don't seem to be tuned very well...or are not up to much. The images are all quite poor. What I mean is that circles get little extra loops or curls, squares are a little rounded etc. Is there anything I can do to improve this or have I just bought too cheaply?

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance on what, I have a horrible feeling, is going to end up a Very expensive hobby

Dave
    I have one of those lasers and yes mine produces the same problems, I have not had a chance to try and tune it yet, I am pretty sure it will sort most of the alignment problems out. I do not think they are too cheap, but obviously they are not the best, they only have what I have been told are 12K scanners, they look like the Laserpics ones.

Not sure if any other software does run with that DAC, I will ask Gary of Laser Know How and see if he can find out.
    Yes the software is poo. I find it nearly impossible to create anything reasonable at all.
    It uses the a 256 colour pallete which obviously is not the same as the Pangolin or Mamba software as they use a 64 colour pallete, so problems occur there with different colours appearing or none at all.

Yes it can be as many will testify a very expensive hobby, but read as many of the posts on this site as you can and you can gleam a wealth of information that should guide you into making wise choices in the future.

Enjoy you new hobby and welcome to the PL forum.

Onge

go into settings in the top right here you can adjust the screen size (useful to concentrate beams above peoples heads, and you will also see ilda speed at the bottom, although i find not all ilda files play

Onge
    I have asked Gary and he didn't know, hence the question on here.

Dan
    I've been working away so not had a chance to play with the software. Are you talking about the Ishow software?

Thanks
    Dave

Wirral hey ?

Quote Originally Posted by seanharrison View Post
    Wirral hey ?
    Well, just outside - I live up in Ness!

Still, not far from Wallasey

Dave

yes ishow

its not good at making stuff but its got a few tricks for live play, and has always been stable.

for example slow write, and x y stretch/shift,