Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DMX Control of Hazer Through LivePRO

Whoo Hoo

It Works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The QMX24.exe works perfectly alongside LivePRO and allows me to control my Unique 2 Hazer through the QM2000.Net DMX facility.

I am now able to infinately vary both the fan speed and pump through DMX channels 1 & 2 (my settings). This means I can now put the hazer on the stage at the front of the venue whilst i'm sat at the back of the venue with the control gear. The only cable going to the front of the venue is the CAT5 network cable. I'm a happy bunny

Thanks everyone for the info and i'm so pleased I decided to revive this thread. I guess this now means that other simple DMX gear can be controlled through the QMX24 interface also

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,

Glad you have now got a solution to your problem and we all have got some useful infomation from you starting the thread again.

Good work everyone

Onge
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

Default moving head feature for hazer control

If you don't want to use the external qmx24 and if you are not using the Moving Head Feature for anything else you could use it to control a hazer.

Instead of pan and tilt you will be able to control smoke output and fan speed. Just assign the channels for that in configuration/moving head.

Quote Originally Posted by mihai1880 View Post
    If you don't want to use the external qmx24 and if you are not using the Moving Head Feature for anything else you could use it to control a hazer.

Instead of pan and tilt you will be able to control smoke output and fan speed. Just assign the channels for that in configuration/moving head.
    Nice info but... Have you actually tried this?

I didn't have much success when I tried it. If you've tried it and got it to work i'll have to re-visit the settings. Don't want to waste my time though if it's just a guess that it *should* work.

Which version of LivePRO are you using?

Oh, and welcome to the forum

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default hazer on moving head dmx control

Yup I tried it and it works. You just need to enable DMX OUTPUT from LD2000 or Showtime, and in configuration of livepro to assign the 2 channels in the moving head tab.

After that, in the square for positioning the moving head you have in a corner all off, and in the diagonal oposite corner fan and smoke output on full.

The good thing if I remember you can store some values and make cue buttons for each one.

I know what i'll be doing when I get a spare moment of time

Last time I tried to get the hazer working from within LivePRO I was in my house. I adjusted some setting and everything came on full blast , within seconds the haze in the room was so dense I couldn't see a thing. It took ages to clear and my wife wasn't impressed. When I next try this i'll make sure i'm outside

Thanks for the inspiration.

Jem

Here's a picture.
    I am using an RGB led par can. It uses about 4 channels:
    1 effect;
    2 red;
    3 green;
    4 blue;.
    Settings: in LD2000: Settings/Dmx Settings.../Enable for output;
    in LivePro: Enviroment/Configuration.Moving Head:
    Pan course(Hi) Dmx channel 2(red);
    Tilt course(HI) Dmx Channel 3(green);
    So you can acces in Play mode the moving head setting like in the picture:
    top left corner all off;
    top right corner full red;
    bottom left corner full green;
    bottom right corner full green and full red;
    THe same with a hazer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dmx live.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I know what i'll be doing when I get a spare moment of time

Last time I tried to get the hazer working from within LivePRO I was in my house. I adjusted some setting and everything came on full blast , within seconds the haze in the room was so dense I couldn't see a thing. It took ages to clear and my wife wasn't impressed. When I next try this i'll make sure i'm outside

Thanks for the inspiration.

Jem

Mihai1880 did the same during a setup yesterday.