Thread: Skip through timeline in Mamba Black

Thumbs up Skip through timeline in Mamba Black

Now it is not possible to 'walk' with a cursor through the timeline in Mamba during playback.
    OK, we can use the scrollbar, but that is just to show another part of the limeline. The played back music and laser output still continues the show.

Would it be nice to have a new tool for this in one of the next versions for Mamba Black? So that you can grap the white thin line that is displayed now and skip through the timeline. Just like the 'cursor' does in e.g. Windows Media Player.

Grz,
    Audrey

Audrey
    I dont think its exactly what you want but you can skip forward and backwards when the show is paused. Just drag the cursor along below the timeline - where the markers are inserted when you hit space bar - and this will scroll through the show. You need to click play again to reume obviously. Sorry if you know this already

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yes it works when the show is paused, but sometimes it will be nice to be able to do that when the show is playing...

Another thing would be to do the cursor more visible, actually it's difficult to see it

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply Rob, but I know this already.
    Please try Media Player. This draging can be done during playback.
    It's easy than to find the right (music) point you need.
    Just like the FF and REW buttons of an old tape recorder

Now I'm using the begin and end markers to take a part of a show, but it would be handy if the white line becomes a draging cursor.

Also, the space bar markers are not displayed instandly after a hit, only after the stopping the playback.

Last thing, the updated 1.90 is not starting up in DEMO mode if the dongle isn't connected.
    Last edited by Miss A.; 01-30-2008 at 11:22.

syncing show to SMPTE or MTC would be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by halen View Post
    syncing show to SMPTE or MTC would be nice...
    That has been mentioned quite a couple of times by now and it's on my todo list. I just need to understand the specs and where to obtain the data

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    That has been mentioned quite a couple of times by now and it's on my todo list. I just need to understand the specs and where to obtain the data
    To get the MTC, just open the midi device and read the timecode via midi.
    Here are the midi messages explained (in german) http://www.midiguide.de/kap09.html

Hope this helps
    Thomas