Thread: Viasho 200mW

Default Viasho 200mW

just got the viasho 200mW 532nm.

couple questions-

1. the power supply that this comes with can really crank the laser. obviously, the power supply cant over power the laser right??? there is no harm in keeping the dial on the power supply all the way up correct???

2. when the switch on the back is in "current" mode for the front LED display, it shows 1.66. im assuming thats 1.66 amps???

3. what are the other 2 settings for the front meter?? r1 and r2?? it just shows up as -22.5 on both settings. even if i adjust the current dial.

nobody?

bueller..........bueller???

Lightbulb

I would hit Frank up. He is a member and works for Viasho. He hasn't been on since the 12th though.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Frank is around I had emails with him yesterday.
    If he is not on PL
    suggest you email him here : wzc@viasho.com

Dont be surprised if he doesnt reply straight away half of China are hitting one of their famous holidays for a week about now.... like EVERYONE goes on holiday man !!

Frank is most helpful and follows up, I like that when there are issues.

I have a faulty Viasho power meter (these things happen) and Frank has been most helpful in trying to fix it here in NZ with me but it looks like its got to go back to China as it may be the sensor.

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ

also just saw on the news last night that China is having its worst winter for many years

30 million people have no electricity or communications and everything is at a standstill

So Frank, Bridge, Jian and all you other guys out there in china .... hope it all gets better soon and thing return to normal

all the best ... Karl

what Karl said/ also i am very surprised that these type of laser units dont come with some basic type of instruction sheet and a few basic do's and dont's if you know what i mean very nice purchase and of course have you got a couple of pics to show off your new pice of kit
    Paul

Cool

Marc;

1.6 amps to the pump diode for 200 mw of 532 nm output is in the ballpark. You can sometimes get away with less than that, depending on the quality of your optical coatings and the alignment of the cavity. But 1.6 amps is not excessive. (I've heard of lasers running higher than that.)

For comparison, I've got a Lasever 100 mw 523 nm laser that runs the pump diode at 650 ma. So double that and you get 1.3 amps for 200 mw. (Yeah, I know, the curve isn't always linear, but it's a good comparison nonetheless.) So you are fine at 1.6 amps.

Don't know about the other two switch settings. Guess you're going to have to ask Frank about that. But as others have posted, between the Chinese New Year and the blizzard they had, well - it might be hard to reach him at the moment...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    also just saw on the news last night that China is having its worst winter for many years

30 million people have no electricity or communications and everything is at a standstill

So Frank, Bridge, Jian and all you other guys out there in china .... hope it all gets better soon and thing return to normal

all the best ... Karl
    thanks Karl, bridge is ok, thanks for your attention.
    yeah , the heavy snow in south china last more than 1 weeks.still snowing.
    but strange is in north China, it is sunny, yes ,I must say very well day.
    as my homeland is Chongqing, there is still heavy snow, I must go homeland for my Chinese new year, I don't want snow will stop my go home.
    go ,go ,go, go home, what a nice thing.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Smile viasho --nono shen

Thanks very much for allthatwhichis' reminding, I am so sorry about late reply.
    Recently there are so many business and working to do, we must finish all the business and orders before we go on our long holiday, we will be back work on 16th.

It is my pleasure to answer your question:

Turn the switch on Cur: mean the current is 166 amp , you are right.
    R1 mean temperature control( Thermal resistance value); R2 without any function.

The Values are fixed by our engineer before leave our factory, they are important for laser working, each laser relative to one fixed temperature, and current, if any of them changed a lot on the base of previous data, would influence the output power and beam quality.

Yes, definitely china is in the trouble of awful blizzard, but will be solved soon. Thanks very much for your kind attention. Any question or requirement, welcome to contact me anytime.
    syn@viasho.com

Take my Chinese New Year blessing to everybody here.