Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FB3 and audio?

Cool FB3 and audio?

I have just got this board up and running. Now that I have seen that it works and not had the time to explore the package as of now, I wondered if there was a way to sync of have an MP3 file play with frame/show compilations. I will play with it his weekend and see what is there to contend with. It's been a busy week and to top things off....a trip to the dentist for some drilling. Time to crash for the day.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

As far as I know. No.

But if you find something out TELL ME!!! I would love to know how, I've been asking this question constantly with no real yes or no answer yet.

BTW have fun at the dentist, I just got some drilling done too. Cavity between the teeth .... lots of fun!

Are you talking about the ShowRider program where you edit shows? If so, you totally can. Create a new show (program starts a new show called untitled1 every time you open it). After saving a new show as songname.lsh, go to the file menu and click show properties. In this dialog you can set the show's timing property to be in sync with the PC timer (default) or you can set it to Windows Media Player and browse to a music file. When you do this, the music file will play when you press the "start" arrow. It will also play at given points along the timeline.

Also, when you create a show that points to a given music file, it is a good idea to place the mp3 in the same folder as the show. This makes it easier for the software to find the song in the event that you copy the show to a different PC like a laptop.

Is this what you were looking for?

-Mike

The WinAmp audio plugin also works with the FB3 and LivePRO USB...

RR
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

mikkojay! I haven't checked this out yet... but if it works you are the man of the year! Thanks!!!

Stuka, the one thing about the Winamp plugin is it's not included with the FB3 apparently a few people got it accidentally but it wasn't there for my bundle

Cool- It's not the most intuitive way to associate the two, but it's in there. Once you get a song properly associated with a show, you will notice this:
    In the player, you know the one that looks kinda like a media player that kicks off a list of shows?- The icon next to the showname will change to look like a Windows media player icon. This is a handy way to tell at a glance that your music files are all in place like they should be.
    It is difficult to imagine a show editor that does not offer the ability to sync with music- that seems like it would/should be one of the most fundamental features.
    Anyway, after playing around with the LA Studio for a while, I have really come to appreciate what it can do- Thanks Bill! Since it was free, this forum makes a great place to compensate for the light documentation, which I believe is what the intent from Pangolin's perspective was, so I am happy to oblige
    -Mike

I was actually quite disappointed for a while thinking that I couldn't time a show to music. But you've made my otherwise crappy day (just one of those 'when it rains, it pours' type of days).

Unfortunately my projector is in pieces due to the new green that I bought. AND I'm still waiting on Edmunds to ship another mount that it's had on backorder forever!!!

-Max

Thanks !!! I will give it a try when I get in this evening. Sounds like a charm to me. This does make the need for another scanner set obvious. I need a set of 60K units for the big projector and slip the DT40's in this one........sighs as I look into the empty wallet......maybe next month or 2
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

IT WORKS!!!!! WOW.... beautiful THANKS!!!!

Mike I feel the woes... I would love to FINISH the one I started then possibly build 2 2-watt projectors for a 3 point approach... ok back to playing with lasers and lots of smoke...

Question

Has any one experimented with file transfer from draw 3d to show rider? If so please explain. I have a nice set of frames together and can't, for my lack of understanding ,get them dropped into the Player side of Show rider. Surely it is easy and I have overlooked it......still playing around with all the functions..........
    I would be glad to write up a "hints and tricks" post for this if I can get a grip on this thing.