Thread: Needed- CD reader lenses

Default Needed- CD reader lenses

Hi-
    Anybody know a good source for cheap CD player aspheric lenses? The little ones: ~ 5mm -y' know- the ones in a PC CD internal drive or other?
    Thanx,
    steve-o

Jeez bud- I have about 20-25 sitting in a drawer, all from Lite-On readers- Id be more than happy to part with them.
    Have anything to offer in trade?? I could always use diodes

Sorry Dude, all I have is low power cd reader diodes except for my 636 nm 150 mw $300 diodes that I'm using for a project .. thanx.. I'll search around for anything else.. What else you looking for?..

Question

Steve. Did you try to use the husk of that aixiz 532 I sent you? The model that most of us here have killed... It has optics in it, right?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Sorry Dude, all I have is low power cd reader diodes except for my 636 nm 150 mw $300 diodes that I'm using for a project .. thanx.. I'll search around for anything else.. What else you looking for?..
    Nothing much really- I dont expect an arm an a leg for these things since I got them for next to nothing, I would let these go if you wanted to swap out for the lp'd diodes, maybe you have a couple of housings laying around or something? Basically Im a pack rat- I collect everything, you never know eh!

Shoot me an offer you think is fair

Aaron- I waz kinda planning on trying to resurrect that aixiz. It's not a bad little laser- If I can find the correct wattage 808 C-mount diode.. I dont know what it's supposed to take.
    Zane- I'll look around.. what is lp'd ? Actually, this isnt as important as it was when I first posted this thread a month ago.. I got other stuff going on now that's taking up most of the spare time..you know how it goes in the laser-multiple-projects-world ..heh..
    Thanx,
    Steve

lp'd= low powered (you stated you had some low powered diodes, I was being lazy in my typing )

No rush though- Im sure Ill have plenty on hand if you ever need them.

Regards

Thanx.................................................. .........