Thread: Happy Groundhog's Day Spec! I think the little rat said 6 more weeks of winter.

Thumbs up Happy Groundhog's Day Spec! I think the little rat said 6 more weeks of winter.

Hey everyone. Here is the thread I promised.

Thank you Spec for this wonderful digital space for us geeks to obsess over lasers. Personally my life would be far less colorful without your creation here. I'd still be playing with a pointer and mirrors poster puddied to speakers and a disected Laser FX.

For everyone else, here is the letter I included with my PayPal Goundhog's day Gift.

"Greetings and salutations Rob,

This is really a belated Christmas present. I had been thinking of getting a "pitch in" started at SELEM, but thought it was too early. I did the same thing three or four times before I realized it was actually too late. Owning a house seems to to wierd things to time and money, although never producing more of either. A fellow conspiriter speculated one day wondering why one had not been set up. I felt bad because I really wanted to on several occations and just procrastinated it to death. It served as a swift kick in the ass to get it going.

I really have no idea how much effort you put into the board. I can see it being a lot, but then again I can see it needing very little, either way, there are many of us who would go crazy with out it. I asked Adam to give me a list of the more dedicated and reliable members to request pitch ins for a "Groundhog's day" gift to show our appriciation. I didn't feel comfortable with a Valentine's day gift. Dedicated and reliable meaning, post count and recent activity. I didn't want to scare off new members by making them feel obligated, or bother anyone who has lost the itch for coherent light. If the n00bs are still hooked in a year, or the oldies re-gain the sickness, I am sure they will show "dedication and reliability" in the next year. Even if you just set up the server and let it run, what you have created is very special to, so far, a decent size group of people, which looks to be growing. Please keep up the good work and maybe hang out on the board a little more

So here is a fruits of my private messaging, and the response from you appriciative "minions".

Happy Groundhog's Day! I think the little rat said 6 more weeks of winter.

aaron"

For those interested, we breached the $500 mark. Thank you greatly to all those who pitched in! I'll have to log in on another PC, I don't have the links to my smiles... Need to find a Groundhog one now.

Last edited by allthatwhichis; 02-02-2008 at 17:36. Reason: add smileys
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Doh! I knew there was something I kept forgetting to do. I'm very sorry allthat, I completely forgot to contribute.

Spec, next month, dinner on me. Maybe a couple times since I'll be there a freakin month....

Wink

Maybe dinner at FLEM II...

Is he definately going? Maybe I'll drag him with me kicking and screaming.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

DZ, haaa, the adjustment to the avitar is even better, if your feeling guilty you can buy me dinner LOL,
    Specs a cool guy, and although I would like to pay for his bandwidth for the year- I figure
    I am keeping up my end of the bargain by hosting all these flem events. LOL
    go big or go home

Allwhich, heres another swift kick in the ass- make sure your have the video conferencing set up for flem- DZ will rebuild your projector and you monitor the computer feed- I'll be in the back drinking and badmouthing Hayden. LOL
    go big or go home

DZ, haaa, the adjustment to the avitar is even better
    Thanks! Glad you like it.
    if your feeling guilty you can buy me dinner LOL
    anytime.
    Specs a cool guy, and although I would like to pay for his bandwidth for the year- I figure
    I am keeping up my end of the bargain by hosting all these flem events. LOL
    I agree!

Allwhich, heres another swift kick in the ass- make sure your have the video conferencing set up for flem- DZ will rebuild your projector and you monitor the computer feed- I'll be in the back drinking and badmouthing Hayden. LOL
    Well that about sums up the activities for FLEMII, everyone else will just be drooling over the 24 turret table you're brining.

LOL, that does sum up the activities- left one out, the side bets I'll be taking on what piece of equipment kills buffo this time LOL-

Adam, I'm glad I finally was able to loosen you up a bit- feels good without that restrictive lab coat on doesn't it? LOL

the large frame tables are 24 or so output positions- I am talking about two turret style projectors- 2 scan heads, and 12 turrets each-
    go big or go home

Cool

Lab coat? What lab coat? Why am I standing here naked? And what is that bright blue beam doing aimed right at my... YEOW!

Paul... Do you have a scaffold to set those projectors on? I've got a portable shelving unit I can bring that will support plenty of weight, but the shelves are only 18 inches by 36 inches. Not sure if that's big enough or not. (Plenty of room for my projector, but I dunno about yours...)

Adam

yes, i have scaffold, nessesary evil, LOL It will be somewhat large, but my thinking is to set it up on the stage - getting the projector as high to the ceiling as possible-
    go big or go home