Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM Mk2 - Thanks Thread

Default UKLEM Mk2 - Thanks Thread

The other threads were getting a little tangled, so I hope no-one minds a new thread whre we can all post our post meet notices etc.

Well, what can I say other than what a BRILLIANT day !!

Honestly, there's so many people to thank it's difficult to know where to start and I wouldn't want to upset or offend anyone by accidentally missing them out. However, there are a few people who deserve special thanks.

Mark (Fluff), for once again organising the venue for us at no cost whatsoever - Top Man! and also for organising the feed for us at his Pub.

Paul (Lasermad) for his part in the organisation of the event. You did a brilliant job Paul and we all appreciate your sterling efforts.

Simon (Pit8ull) for bringing my nice little Argon laser up from Essex for me and also Mark (Insanity) lugging the Power supply up the stairs, I had to carry it back down again and that nearly killed me!

Mark (Insanity) for his advice on LivePro.

Kevin Todd for his personal tuition on LivePRO.. Thanks Kevin, I can't even begin to thank you for all the help you've given me today, it's really appreciated

Karl (Banthai) for some great conversation

Also, Rob (Stanwax) for just being a top bloke

Special thanks to my mate Craig (Wiring Monkey) for assisting me with all the gear and sticking with me through the day

There's loads of other people who deserve thanks as well, please don;t be upset if i've missed you out. I'm pretty tired now and am hitting the sack.

No doubt i'll add more tommorrow. Thanks Guys, your a real top bunch and i've had a fantastic day.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem, you beat me to it...

Well what can I say?

As you can imagine I am bouncing off the walls at the moment having won the 1 watt laser, still can't believe it

I would like to thank the following:

Paul (Lasermad): For all your efforts organising such a great event and going to all the trouble organsing the raffle..

Mark (Fluff): For letting us use the venue again and for managing to pick my number and for getting us all fed, best burger ever..MMMMMM Hamburgers....

Simon (P1t8ull): For giving me and my kit a lift..

In fact all the guys who brought their lasers and really lit the place up..

All the people who took photo's which we will no doubt be seeing soon, hint hint

Actually all you guys including those who didn't/couldn't attend for making this forum such a great place to visit.

Person I don't want to thank:

Father Time: For making today fly by so damned quick

Hopefully see you all again soon, maybe next week same time same place??

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...d=69&Itemid=71

what a day!!!!!

great to see everyone and great to see all the kit.

big thanks to paul and mark for arranging and getting the venue.

massive thanks to everyone for making theday the best day ever.

now i just had to start the pics with robins and his 10watt laser gun!! what a toy!!

i took 180 in total andgot about 30-40mins of video
    Last edited by andy_con; 02-04-2008 at 12:13.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

ps

all those with photos and videos please forward them onto me so i can include them on the dvd

thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default So many to thank - what a great event!

I've just been safely deposited home on the south coast and feel the immediate need to gush a little....

THANKYOU - ALL SO MUCH!!!

...what a truly great event!!

Fantastic organisation for an event whos sole attendees were the most enthusiastic, freindly and knowledgeble people you could possibly congregate in one place!
    I really enjoyed meeting you all and genuinely sharing a passion that so many people in life really don't seem to "get".
    Paul and Rob you are stars!

Weirdest moment of the day- it was so ironic talking to Mark as he was demonstrating (knocking me over with!) the raster graphics of the Pangolin when he was handed a Pangolin teeshirt and was able to say "got the product" Sorry Bill, having the teeshirt really did come a sorry second. (THANKS BILL! - special occassions only on wearing that!!).

Greatest laser - The RED Barrons work of utter home engineering artistry- you know who you are (and thankfully we do now)!

Other greatest laser - Robins hand held infra red WMD! Robin, you are brilliantly bonkers!! Just don't ever let me upset you,.... and please never travel to the US with that in your suitcase!!

Thankyou all so much for a great day again!!

Pete
    Last edited by Greeeen; 02-03-2008 at 16:11.

Damn! Great pics andy_con. Looks like I'm going to have to start going to UKLEM!

Wow, you guys on the other side of the pond rock.
    Wish I was there with you all.

Best Regards,

Mark

Looks like a great time guys!!

Our production manager Paulo shipped a bunch of T-shirts to Paul. Did they get there on time?

I wish I could have been there

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

Our production manager Paulo shipped a bunch of T-shirts to Paul. Did they get there on time?

Best regards,

William Benner
    They certainly did Bill !

I forgot to add you in my initial thanks post at the beginning of this thread, so, thanks for the tee shirts... BUT... Thanks most of all for the incredible software that your company produces. I learned so much about LivePRO that I didn't even know existed

As regards wishing you could have been here... Us British guys REALLY need you to come over here for some Pangolin software workshops... Hint Hint

Also, I forgot to thank Soforene for the other 'Photonlexicon' tee shirts

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

Best regards,

William Benner
    Bill we have our next meet in august.
    if you land at stansted i have not problems picking you up and taking you to the meet.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat