Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Laser Meet #3

guys we need to set a date for the next meet
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Workshops sound a very good idea and I would make full use of a Mamba WS as I am finding it all a little daunting.

Wish I knew a little more on the whole subject of lasers then I would be willing to help too
    Last edited by smogthemog; 03-12-2008 at 13:27.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Like I stated previously I would be happy to do a Mamba workshop for people - would be even better if I had a version that fully worked....ahem.

Just working on a new mamba show as we speak. I was very tempted to do it with pango but at this stage dont want to learn I just felt creative

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    would be even better if I had a version that fully worked....ahem.

Rob
    What's up with it?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

ill do as best i can to record any workshop
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Jim
    Though stability has come on leaps and bounds - its now pretty workable and you dont wanna throw it out the window every 30 seconds - there are still many 'faults' some I suspect harking back from the days before Andre was on the case but some I know have crept in as things have gone on.
    for example one of my fave features for making repeat sections is to create a group of scenes - sometimes simple sometimes complex, do all the timing and fx you want then select 'output to file'. This creates a frame file that you can just drop into your time line everywhere that section needs to go and you only have to time beginning and end - its great and can make the timeline much tidier - but in the current version, this function creates blank frames it makes life a bitch especailly when you lean on a feature alot. What I really meant was this sort of trick is ideal to show people but if it dont work then its gonna mean the workshop has limitations, and this is not the only non functional that would be good to show people.

I guess we have till August though....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Andy
    It may not be required to video the action - I have some software that will record an AVI of the desktop and all its actions, you can plug a mic in and record sound to it as well - better than a vid cam

Rob

i have the same software - well something that does the same anyway. so we would be doubly sorted
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I see what you mean Rob, that is rather annoying.
    I have had mine do a debug crash a few times, especially when using the live player, and when it asks me to send the info off to... I expect Medialas, it comes back that it has failed to send so they never get from me any bug information which can't really do anything to help any issues with it.
    Maybe it's my router stopping things???
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Jim the bug reports go direct to Andre - even to the point where I now write 'Hi Andre' at the start I think it just uses its own smtp server so should just go out on port 25 - ie router shouldnt bother but maybe its protectiong it cos it sees an app sending. Anyway I think the bug reports are imprortant as I know how Andre picks through them and has Ironed out a number of probs following BRs ive sent. Try saving one and emailing it over to him manually or just take a look at it in notepad & you will see how much information it collects about how the pc is operating at the moment the crach occured. It may be meaninglessto you but not to OG!
    This is one reason im not gonna throw Mamba away just cos I got a QM32, Andre has made such a huge difference to Mamba in less than a year and his approach is great if only stiffled by the fact that he can only do what ML dictate - which is a shame. Mamba will never be Pango but its a great little app and is so easy to use - if lacking some functions, but hey hopefully they will come with time.

Rob