Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LDI 2009 In Orlando FL, anyone going?

Default LDI 2009 In Orlando FL, anyone going?

LDI is back in Orlando this year and is the largest trade show for lighting, sound, projection, and FX in the USA. It's our version of PLASA.
    Trade show is open from 11/20 - 11/22.

There will be a bunch of heavy hitters from the laser industry there as well.

Laser exhibitors that I know of:

Pangolin
    Lasernet/NEO Laser
    X-Laser
    Blisslights
    Omnisystem

and....the guest of honor...all the way from Switzerland or Germany or someones ass....drumroll please!

LASERWORLD!!

Oh this is going to be a fun one!

How Laserworld plans to demo non-varianced illegal projectors on US soil is what I want to know!

Anyone else going? I can set you up with passes if you need them.

-Andrew
    Last edited by Andrew_D; 11-14-2009 at 19:28. Reason: typo

Thumbs up

If you can hook me up with a pass I'll go. I live an hour north of the Convention Center. I got a flyer this year but the boss has me on a spending freeze. I will definatly bring some recording gear to report on Laserworld's display.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I'm just back from a little fiesta in a small village, and for the first time in my life I saw a laserworld projector, used to go as a dj effect... The cheap "dj" you can expect in these sort of parties. I saw a laser projector. I clearly recognized the case, it was one of their Revolution series.

It was a RGY. According to their website, the min power they have is a "400mW". So it should have at least 100mW green and 200mW red. I have to say, I was really impressed by this laser...........

The beams was in fact BARELY visible, with or without smoke, in a very dark place, no matter. Just pure bullshit. No more than 10mW of green, and of course really misaligned with the red. A simple low power moving light next to it was looking way better and brighter. I think if I was not familiar with lasers I would have not even saw that this was a laser effect Really a shame.

Well, just for the tale. I had a good laugh on it. But please, don't associate Switzerland with laserworld, it's really a shame...
    And get back with some great pictures from other exibitors

Lightbulb

I had the Revolution 500mw RGB...
    And well it worked well for me and when I got it looked great, plus I had no idea about PL
    So after my frist FLEM meet I found out it was only putting out 127mw.
    So after getting Pangolin, it ran fine, until I change the scan angle and it backfeed the beam down to the dual reds and pop!!
    So after never hearing back form them I gutted it and no I have a 532nm and a 473nm that is not lasing very well...
    So I now have a nice case to make for a new laser build

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

lets just show up with baseball bats !
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Question

Hey Chris, are you going? I think I can get over there on Saturday; Thanks Andrew!

Well at the prolight and sound Laserworld did had one of the bigger stands.

about 100x bigger than Pangolins stand,

Kvant on the other hand had a 4x smaller stand compared to laserword but it was 10x as impressive with more than 40 lasers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020079.JPG  

P1020080.JPG  

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Zone View Post
    No, let them first try to explain the poor quality and power specs. Don't forget to bring a power meter and a camera!

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    No, let them first try to explain the poor quality and power specs. Don't forget to bring a power meter and a camera!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Infact, take 2 power meters that way they can't blame the poor power on a bad LPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Zone View Post
    make sure to visit LaserNET with said baseball bats too, they are just as bad as Laser World just based in Miami