Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

Smile and...

And another one:

Sometimes you receive a show without the audio file.
    When opening this show, Mamba Black will give the message box "Mamba could not find the specified show music file, please load it manually."
    This will also pop-up if the name of the file is changed of course.

Now we have to guess what this specified music file is.
    It would be nice if Mamba gives the correct name of the audio file in this box as well!
    This can be easily implemented because the right file name is stored in the .shw or .xmb file.

Grz,
    Audrey

[edit]
    And onother one:
    The position of the sliders in the Fade-in / Fade-out function is now displayed with small horizontal lines.
    Very often (specially when you have more) scenes that have to have the same fader position.
    I think it would be good to display the position in numbers (in 0-100 %) as well.
    There is space enough below the sliders to create this...
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Miss A.; 11-11-2008 at 08:11. Reason: another one

Unhappy SMPTE Time Code

SMPTE Time Code

Many show we develop have to sync with lighting sound and video.
    This is always done with SMPTE.

Please can you add SMPTE so we can use your awesome software in bigger shows and exhibits?

Thanks!

Ed

Default SMPTE

Hi Ed,

You wish will be added to the long list of Mamba's Wish List. (read previous posts of this thread)
    I think this feature will not be implemented soon than.

In the mean time, maybe you can find SMPTE software on the internet and convert the codes into (MIDI or DMX) cues or something. This can be read by Mamba and used as trigger for your frames.

Default Timing Resolution

I posted this under bugs because it really bugs me

Its not really a bug but it is a big problem!

You can only position and size scenes to the resolution of 1/25 of a second.

When you are constructing a show to music it makes things very difficult!
    Lets take a song of 132 bpm.
    Each bar is 1.818 Seconds thats 1second and 20.455/25 frames. So obviously you are stuck with 20 frames or 21 frames. As soon as you start adding scenes, and duplicating scenes you get timing errors after a few duplications. You are basically forced to overlap scenes or leave gaps between them on the timeline. So frustrating as a majority of show creation time (75%) is spent on getting the timing right.

PLEASE, I beg you, make it so we can get down to milliseconds.

Please!

Lightbulb New Feature Idea - DC offset / Simmer

I actually emailed this to Dirk a couple years ago but it is so easy to implement that I thought let’s bring it up again! You would add extra sliders for minimum dc voltage. With no projection happening you would adjust the dc slider until laser threshold. This would allow the TEC etc to be all running optimally when there is no output. This would make the lasers blank faster and run brighter during blanking. Not to mention it would help with general adjustments.

So easy! Can you do it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails idea.jpg  

Default Simmer

The above idea doesn't make sense unless you realize that the base DC voltage is on all the time even when the projection is stopped.

I love the new color routing! I have been asking for it for years, literally

Default Live bugs

Bug 1: Sometimes when I click on a scene and export FLAs or just add it to live it puts a lot of blank frames in front of or behind the actual animation. I think it has to do with effects being longer than the scene.

Bug 2: We have 4 main mamba systems and we keep them all the same.
    So when we move the live session to a different computer the file path is changed slightly and they do not load properly. It would be nice to have an option of finding the file instead of just being told it cannot find the file.
    We are now putting our sessions directly into the mamba dir to avoid this.

Suggestion: It would be nice if the "assign" key toggled on and off. that way you press it once and you could do all your midi key assignments without having to continually press it.

Suggestion: When you save a session it should contain all the FLAs so you don't have to worry about finding them and having them in the right spot.

Suggestion: Every animation should have a independent frame rate option.
    This would be very handy when you are using a scan speed knob on your controller. The scan speed knob adjusts depending on the frame that it is projecting. Example. Slot one is 4500pps Slot two is at 15000pps.
    When the knob is at 50percent it effects both in percent terms not absolutes.
    Result:Slot one is 2250pps Slot two is at 7500pps.

Awesome software!

Default midi keyboard

hello everyone

I’m looking at getting a midi keyboard for mamba black, just seeing how many people us the midi function on the liveplayer and seeing if it is worth spending the money on one,

if so which is the best one out there,

I have been looking at :
    M Audio Oxygen 8 v2 MIDI Keyboard Controller 25 Key USB

many thanks

Charlie

Cool

Don't know about Mamba, but lots of Pangolin LivePro! users seem to like the Novation Remote Zero controller. In fact, I just picked one up myself. Nice rigs, and just about infinitely configurable! Couple that with a touch screen and you've got the best of both worlds...

Adam

Thumbs up

cheers adam

i will have a look at that.

charlie