Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

as we say in England - Fnarr fnarr

I think I need to go and have a lie down!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Gosh - I have a little lump

How about selectable/lockable slider controls especially in the UGC section - for example the 'scale' sliders?

Still would love to see Sound To Light really as this would be such a boon!
    OR a decent 'working' tie in with WMPlayer or Winamp visualisations.

Are there any schematics floating around Audrey for your Autopilot system or was it a complete home build? Sounds interesting anyway
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

She could always bring it along to the next UK meet and demonstrate it to us all - the north sea isnt that big to cross for a mega laser day is it?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Define 'IT' please Rob

Good idea - It's in August Audrey
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

why her super live mamba player stuff of course.

Rob

One more suggestion for the pot - When in Live Player could it be made so it can be full screen and not just a small area within the Mamba backdrop?
    Maybe be able to minimize and maximize?

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

One more suggestion: a preview would be good in open dialog of frames.

Whiteg

Rob or Audrey or anyone in the know, for that matter... Do these suggestion get read by the relevant people?
    Do they ever get implemented?

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Yes
    Andre Tertling is employed by Medialas to develop Mamba he is a member here - OldGrumpy. Andre joined PL very soon after being contracted to ML and right away was asking what we want to see and do with the application. So he is very open to suggestions and is very interested in what we the users want. There are two problems however, one is that he has an long list of bugs/faults to sort out before he gets to the wishlists of us users but worst of all, its not Andre who has the ultimate say in what goes in and what doesnt. That is the realm of the ML management - so its really them he needs to convince on our behalf!
    If you want proof that they do listen - I moaned like an old fart about how much I hated the ML splash screen that shows on start up. When this was introduced the prog was still very crashy and everytime you had to restart Mamba after a crash you had to wait for the logo to come and go. Andre put a tick box in to disable the splash screen and listed it in the changelog file with a little smiley for me - take a look. I know this isnt a big thing but its proof they are listening, all we can do is shout louder to make sure thay listen to the right things from us.

Rob

I've just been trolling around YouTube after looking at Stanwax's new creations, and found this. It's a DMX laser projector using it's pre-programmed patterns linked up to PC running Freestyler set to sound to light mode. Only limitations being you are governed by the preloaded patterns as to what beams you project. still looks darn good though
    This is the sort of thing I was suggesting Mamba to be able to do but using user creatable and definable patterns....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsBT...eature=related
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!