Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

Did a quick video of Freestyler running the DMX graphics card via Sound to Light on the RGB today. Admitidly it was in daylight which numbed things a bit but you can get the jist of what I am trying to show

If Mamba could do something similar, re-sound to light control, then I would die a very very happy man

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/smogthemog/RGB.wmv

or woman
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Lightbulb Messagebox Override show

Saving a Releaseable Show this is already existing, Mamba will not give a message box for Overwrite File or Cancel.
    It just overwrites the first show.

Is it possible to implement a warning box for this?

A.
    Last edited by Miss A.; 03-25-2008 at 12:27.

Lightbulb

Another small suggestion:

If you save a show, Mamba stores the name (and folder) of the audio file in the XMB file.
    If you open that show, Mamba will search for that music.
    If the audio file is not in it's folder anymore for any reason, Mamba will come up with the message "Mamba could not find the specified show music file. Please load it manually."

It would be nice if the software also mention the name of the music file that its looking for.
    In that way it's easier to search for the file on your pc.

I think this should be easy to implement...

A.

It would be good if the software can save show as "video". (i.e. animated gif or any preview format)

Another suggestion:
    If I can scrolling the frame list with the wheel of mouse, I will be happy.

Whiteg

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    If I can scrolling the frame list with the wheel of mouse, I will be happy.
    There seems lots of things missing as far as scrolling with the mouse wheel is concerned, and what is there is a bit erratic. I pointed out some problems with various sliders and their odd behaviour with the mouse wheel to OG and these were addressed in the last release but there is still more to do. As I have stated previously I would like the geo rotational wheels - and the colour wheels to move with the mouse scroller - this would be a great help, as setting them as you do now is a nightmare unless you want 90, 180, 270, 360.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default Tabulator colors are identical

Small suggestion:

If you have opened a lot of frames, it's not quite visible to see which frame is the current one. The colors of the tabulators on top of the frame editor are all the same.

Is it possible to give this tab a different color?
    This would be great !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    As I have stated previously I would like the geo rotational wheels - and the colour wheels to move with the mouse scroller - this would be a great help, as setting them as you do now is a nightmare unless you want 90, 180, 270, 360.
    I agree with you. Simetimes I think that a numericupdown control would be good next to wheels and trackbars to set the correct value. I know that's not so nice on a graphical interface, but easy to use.

And in the far future :
    - abstract generator
    - variable size of frames in the frame list. I mean, there would be good two choices: a bigger and the actual size of frames.

Whiteg

I tell you what would be just fantastic - the ability to assign ANY slider or rotary control in Mamba to a MIDI channel as you can already with some parameters within the Live Player.

This would make everything SO much easier.

I have two Behringer MIDI controllers, the BCF2000 (with motorized faders ) and the BCR2000 (I also use them to control a synthesizer). It would be great if you could use these to alter Mamba parameters - SO much easier than using your mouse!

http://www.behringer.com/BCF2000/index.cfm

http://www.behringer.com/BCR2000/index.cfm
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Lightbulb My first Sony, ehhhh MIDI :-)

Hi Smog,

YES, I know these BCF2000 and BCR2000 MIDI controllers. They are very nice to work with
    Because they are not cheap, I decided two years ago to make the myself.
    For less than 40 Euro's, a friend of mine took the solder iron and made my first Sony, ehhhh MIDI for me. See pictures below.
    I also attached the circuit for this thing. It's written in Dutch, but the symbols are international I think . As you can see, the circuit is very simple too.

OK, it doesn't look like the BCF2000 and BCR2000, but for a Beginner in Laserland it was good enough. The 8 knobs can be assigned to one of the controlls (scanspeed, color change, size, position, ...) but I don't like the way of the displayed scenes in Live Player. I mean, you have to know what is 'stored' under each keyboard key. It would be nice if Mamba's LivePlayer displays the scenes like a moving picture. For that I'm using the Moncha software. It's written specially for playing Live next to the DJ and visualizes the scenes on your monitor. A cheap touchscreen is placed over the monitor and I just have to hit the needed scene for instant laser output

But my name is here MambaFreak, so Mamba is good enough to make beamshows right now

Greetings,
    Audrey
    Last edited by Miss A.; 01-07-2009 at 10:09.

Very nice A, very nice. And personalised to 'Mamba' too

I also have a little Behringer BC-44 Nano MIDI controller which reminds me a bit of that

If only all these things could get implemented into Mamba, it would be awesome
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!