Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

It certainly does sound good. Thanks for ALL of your time and efforts spent Andre.
    I am truly looking forward to it's arrival
    Regards

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Andre
    while we have you, and you are talking about live player - what other input devices can be used to control it. The reason I asked is I recently bought a cool rubber roll up keyboard which connects via USB to the PC which sees it as a HID but unfortunately it has no midi capability - which I know is just a bit of software. It would be really cool to be able to use any HID compliant device to control liveplayer - mega flexibility!
    and one more wish for the list....
    would it be possible allow effects to be faded in and out on the effect track? At present they are on or off so if you want to morph a line to a sine you have to go all round the houses to achieve it - it can be done but its lots of messing. To simply set the sine as an effect then ramp that effect up and down would be a joy! I thought it would be good to implement it as you do fades in audio and video editing software where you drag a line that is a graphical representation of the level (see image below) the same mechanisim could be used to fade in scenes instead of using the %sliders - which are a bit hit and miss as they stand

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mamba.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Andre
    while we have you, and you are talking about live player - what other input devices can be used to control it. The reason I asked is I recently bought a cool rubber roll up keyboard which connects via USB to the PC which sees it as a HID but unfortunately it has no midi capability - which I know is just a bit of software. It would be really cool to be able to use any HID compliant device to control liveplayer - mega flexibility!
    Basically, it's just your keyboard and any midi device that's capable of sending note on/off midi events for now. Unfortunately, HID devices just save the manufacturer from developing a special low level driver for the device, nothing more. What particular data needs to be sent to the device and what's returned from it can still differ from device to device. For example, you may have seen a USB-controlled mini rocket launcher for your desk. Those gadgets pose as HID devices but you still need the software it comes with to launch the rockets. What's even worse: Many devices have a very poor implementation of the HID specs which makes peek&poke pretty tedious (basically you can ask the device about how much data it expects, and then try to play around with suitable data packets) if no documentation is available.

To cut a long story short: HID support is more or less device-specific, except for keyboards and mice which are already handled by Windows. Can you give me a link to your gadget so I can have a look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    and one more wish for the list....
    would it be possible allow effects to be faded in and out on the effect track? At present they are on or off so if you want to morph a line to a sine you have to go all round the houses to achieve it - it can be done but its lots of messing. To simply set the sine as an effect then ramp that effect up and down would be a joy! I thought it would be good to implement it as you do fades in audio and video editing software where you drag a line that is a graphical representation of the level (see image below) the same mechanisim could be used to fade in scenes instead of using the %sliders - which are a bit hit and miss as they stand

Rob
    Effect fading would indeed be a pretty cool feature, I'll check if I can implement it for the initial 2.0 or not. I guess it shouldn't be too hard to add, except for the damn GUI drawing

P.S. About the release date season and year: it will be the Mamba Season in the Year of the Download
    Last edited by OldGrumpy; 07-13-2008 at 03:45. Reason: Added P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    Can you give me a link to your gadget so I can have a look at it?
    http://www.dreamcheeky.com/index.php...product&pid=25

Effect fading would indeed be a pretty cool feature, I'll check if I can implement it for the initial 2.0 or not. I guess it shouldn't be too hard to add, except for the damn GUI drawing
    cool
    P.S. About the release date season and year: it will be the Mamba Season in the Year of the Download
    Ya little bugger

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Unhappy

Unnnngh, that seems to be the same company that sells the rocket launcher with the buggy HID implementation. D'oh! I can't promise anything for that particular device, sorry. It *may* be possible with a lot of experiments (basically using a USB sniffer recording the HID messages coming from the device) but this will take quite some time. I guess it doesn't work with anything except for the accompanying software, right?

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax
    Ya little bugger
    I love you too

Thumbs up

Hi André, Just use Rob's example and than use Copy - Paste

Now we're all here (and OG proved yesterday he reads this thread) I have another thing that I face with very often:

Sometimes during scanning I have to shut down or disconnect the laser case (which includes the scanner and the DAC controller).
    MambaBlack will then comes up with the message "An USB Box got unplugged. Please check your hardware". The only thing we can do is to click the OK button and restart Mamba. Mamba won't see any re-connection of the DAC.
    It would be nice if there was another button with the function "Reconnect USB Box".
    In that way Mamba can search for the controlle again and scanning can go on....

Ms. A.
    Last edited by Miss A.; 07-13-2008 at 09:40.

Just buy a BCF2000 Rob, there the dog's danglies

You can put small insects on the sliders and using your software, make them think they are at Alton Towers
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by MambaFreak View Post
    Sometimes during scanning I have to shut down or disconnect the laser case (which includes the scanner and the DAC controller). MambaBlack will then comes up with the message "An USB Box got unplugged. Please check your hardware". The only thing we can do is to click the OK button and restart Mamba. Mamba won't see any re-connection of the DAC.
    I'm not too fond of that solution, either. I'll see if I can make up a better one.

I know I shouldnt promote the use of 'other' usb controllers but my easylase just works once you get rid of the box that says you need to restart mamba

(other usb controllers are available)

Rob

The problem is not writing code to re-establish the one connection that died, it's more about the sloppy/slow reaction of the USB driver stack. I've measured delays of up to four seconds until the device becomes accessible after Windows notifies me that it has been connected. I need to rewrite a part of the MLD code to fix this issue, it's been on my todo list for ages now, but there has been a gazillion of more important things that needed attention first.

Well, you'll know when there is a new update ready. By the way, did anyone ever notice that Mamba allows you to misalign scenes in such a nasty way that you'll only see it in maximum zoom? Fixed that already, and rewrote most of the drag & drop code for scenes and effects. Need to re-implement moving a couple of scenes at once, annoying stuff