Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

Hi Andre.
    I know your busy But:
    Will the Winamp compatibility or more to the point the compatibility of any music player, be resolved as my version won't seem to work with any?
    It mentions something in the manual (haven't got it to hand at the moment) that I should be able to play a music file in Winamp and get a scope type trace from the projector? Not been able to do this at all.
    That would be really handy for me if that where possible? OR at least some sort of music file frame triggering maybe??

Thanks

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Compatibility with latest WinAMP requires to write a plugin for WinAMP. In old versions it was possible to "abuse" the input plugins to decode audio, this has changed a bit since they introduced a new unified framework for the plugin API. I haven't had the time to write something that allows Mamba to capture the audio from WinAMP again, but it's also been on my list for quite a while. I guess it will be a better solution to just let Windows do the decoding (no MP3 license hassles) and grab the audio somehow. The audio graph will be back, definitely. I just can't say when.

About the scope-like laser output: I can't tell off top of my head if that was ever part of Mamba but I'll check. I think the manual refers to the overview area right above the main part of the timeline. There used to be an audio graph of the loaded music file back then when the WinAMP plugins were still simple But I admit, scope output would be pretty cool.

About your particular "won't work at all" problem: What exactly is going on? You should at least be able to play audio if you uncheck the "use WinAMP" checkbox as Mamba would use the Windows Media Player in that case.

Audio-based triggering is already on the 2.0 wishlist. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post

About the scope-like laser output: I can't tell off top of my head if that was ever part of Mamba but I'll check. I think the manual refers to the overview area right above the main part of the timeline. There used to be an audio graph of the loaded music file back then when the WinAMP plugins were still simple But I admit, scope output would be pretty cool.
    I agree that this feature was never available - the manual reads badly, and you can easily misinterpret what it says as I too originally thought that the graph would be displayed onto the laser output.
    thew manual currently states

"If you have installed Winamp in the standard program folder of your computer, or have Winamp plugins in a folder “plugins” in the Mamba folder, the “ruler” will display the waveform of the song, as in the picture below. (Not if you are playing back.)"

im not sure the word 'RULER' was always there - I might be wrong' but a combination of reading too fast and wanting a scope output certainly put the idea in my head

Will be mega if it can be done.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi Andre,

Would you write about frame edit a little bit:
    - will be rotation (x,y,z),
    - color gradient on lines,
    - region selection with circle or free hand tool in it?

Will be a show player in 2.0, which can play more show from a queue?

Will be more effect on effect track than it have been yet in show editor?

Thanks Andre,

Whiteg

Question Sound delay

Hi, I have another suggestion.

A month ago I gave a lasershow for a few hundred people at a houseparty. The party was given in the open air at a big lake here in Holland. 'My' lasers and the music system was set up at the other side of the lake, and the crowd in front of the water. The distance between laser and crowd was appox. 150-200 meters (so, over water)
    Because light travels faster in air than sound, the show was not synchrone with the music at all. Result: the one hour lasershow was a complete disaster
    OK, this could be solved by installing the sound system near the party people, but not during the show anymore.

If MediaLas has some spare time left (), it would be great to implement a kind of laser-output-delay-time in MambaBlack (e.g. in general settings menu).
    I know, this is not a priority thing right now, but it could be useful...

Miss A.
    Last edited by Miss A.; 09-23-2008 at 11:48.

You can solve this by putting you liveplayer controller at the audiance location, you control when you hear the music

In this case I did not used the Liveplayer function, but I played some 'normal' pre-loaded show with Mamba.
    Second, I don't have a 200 meter waterproof ILDA cable.

Exclamation

Hello, hello!

I wait
    Long long time
    Big silence

New mamba update infos?

whiteg

Be patient that man, be patient - it will be worth it when we do get it
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I'm patient and waiting, but bugs make my work more difficult.
    I can use only Mamba Black, I haven't any other. I use the frame editor of it, but it's a torture to create a frame with it cause bugs. I waited update for months, because I would like to create complex frames, not only lines and circles.
    I think, if MB has frame editor, than I would like to use it.

Gabor