Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

WhiteG

Trust me there is lots going on behind the scenes with Mamba. OldGrumpy is working very hard to fix the problems with 1.9 so we have a product that we can use, AS WELL as writing 2.0 at the same time! Every step that OG has made with Mamba has made an huge impact on its performance and operation, the problem is that the better it becomes the harder it is to find the needle in the haystack that is the nasty little bug that will always pop up when you least expect. Dont hold your breath for new features to appear before the issue of 2.0 as the important thing is to get 1.9 stable before adding new whistles and bells. Though I would love to see the odd goodie added to make the wait worthwhile I fully understand the reasons for holding the new bits back. Firstly its a decision of ML as far as I beleive and a decision that does make perfect sense as adding new features now could prove to have undesrable and unpredicatble effects on the existing features and operation. As far as I am aware 2.0 will be like a brand new program with little or no code from the previous versions. This means it will be easier to add things once this product is launched. We may have a wait for 2.0 but I am certain that once we have it new addons and updates will come on a regular basis.

Keep the faith

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hey Stan

This is a little off topic but out of curiosity where are you guys up to with www.mambablack.com ??

The site states that “The Mamba Black website will be alive with information during the fisrt half of September 2008” (even with the spelling mistake)

Are you guys holding out for the release of version 2? Is it a hint that version 2 maybe coming sooner than later?

Unfortunately, I don’t think version 2 is going to be released before I get around to joining the Pango club (hopefully next month)
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

i hope it will be here soon

Thanks Rob

Long, long Time MB 2.0, It's ok! OldGrumpiy excellent developer

MB 1.9 update? No update information, no final date This year?

Gabor

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

if your looking for a good user buildable hid device, google for mjoy joystick, it uses a atmel avr, mjoy16 is overkill, but the 6 potentiometer 32 button version of mjoy would get you 6 10 bit sliders and buttons and would cost all of 20 euro to buld.

Steve

I have two laser projector with two USB DAC (EasyLase). I would like to use them with Mamba Black.
    Can I control lasers with only one MB at same time?
    I would like to project a graphic show on the one and I would like to run a beam show on the other.

My other problem is, that I need to project the graphic show different place and settings (position, size, pps) than beam show.
    So my question is:
    Can I resolve these problems with one Mamba Black or do I have to run two Mamba Black process?

Gabor

Thumbs up I found a solution

Quote Originally Posted by MambaFreak View Post
    Hi, I have another suggestion.

A month ago I gave a lasershow for a few hundred people at a houseparty. The party was given in the open air at a big lake here in Holland. 'My' lasers and the music system was set up at the other side of the lake, and the crowd in front of the water. The distance between laser and crowd was appox. 150-200 meters (so, over water)
    Because light travels faster in air than sound, the show was not synchrone with the music at all. Result: the one hour lasershow was a complete disaster
    OK, this could be solved by installing the sound system near the party people, but not during the show anymore.

If MediaLas has some spare time left (), it would be great to implement a kind of laser-output-delay-time in MambaBlack (e.g. in general settings menu).
    I know, this is not a priority thing right now, but it could be useful...

Miss A.
    I had the same problem I fixed it by running the sound through a fm transmitter so the sound desk just tuned in to it through the radio Live

Gabor

I have not yet investigated how Mamba will operate with running 2 instances but for sure you can only run one show at a time. That said if the tracks of the show are allocated to the correct projector - and this is very easy to manipulate with the new interface OG has provided, you could assign beam show to some tracks and projector 1 and graphics to other tracks allocated to projector 2. Within the UGC you can select the projector you wish to alter all the settings for geo correction and scan angle etc and this will affect just one projector. This allow you to set the 2 up with completely unique settings. The only thing you cant adjust is the scanspeed of each projector - but wait a short time and this will be achiveable shhhh I didnt tell you that
    As regards running 2 instances, you may need to have 2 installations that can have separate ini files as this is where the default projector is defined. Setting 2 different Mamba installations with different default projectors should allow you to run 2 shows but I have not tried this yet as I currently only have one hardware device - but this will change real soon
    Hope this helps

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Thanks Rob, yes it help me.
    I'll use two tracks and I'll set my projectors within the UGC.

Other:
    Would you share us any public information about mambablack.com? What will be appear on it when it will get ready?

Gabor

I am currently re-wirting the Mamba manual which was very kindly supplied to me from Dirk Baur through Karl Dawson (Banthai) who registered the site in the first place. I was hoping to have stuff on the site by now but to be honest this month has been and gone without me noticing! For some of the time I have been bug testing Mamba for OG and have had some other work both laser and non laser related to see to. Also I am reaching a point where I am wondering if the work I do now will need to be re-done for when 2.0 comes out...but I will have to decide. I think the manual is so far done that it will be completed long before we see 2.0 and will always prove a good reference anyway
    It will come soon I promise even if its just the publication of the Manual for starters. My intention is to have it as a resource rather than a forum - I can never compete (and wouldnt want to) with the wonderful community we have here on PL. One thing I will be providing is video tutorials of certain aspects of the application plus lots of hints and tips which will be gathered from anyone interested in contributing content.
    I hope we can share shows, frames, and tips to all users and show what a great little piece of software Mamba is.

Rob