Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

what you are asking for sounds just like the sound to laser feature in Pangolin LivePro (though im sure it has a better real name than that!). With that you have a number of channels (different frequencies across the audio range) and you set the trigger point. Its - as one would expect - awesome powerful and very well exceuted.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default Sound to Laser

Yes, that's what I'm asking Peter Mayer (ML) a few years ago also.
    That would be cool if you want to give a lasershow 'realtime' next to the DJ. This can only be done with Live, because you do not know that the DJ is playing next. There is no thime to 'program' a lasershow to his next song...

But I had a sollution with hardware :
    I had build a board with R-C filters that could split the DJ music into parts (bandwidths.) These outputs are TTL levels and connected to optocouplers. Each opto is connected to the wires of a different key of my PC keyboard.
    Another small board filtered the beat(rate) of the music realtime, a so called BPM-indicator. This is the trigger for the optocouplers to switch to another scene.
    Ofcourse you have to assign scenes to all the keyboard keys and everything works fine.

For less than 20 Euro's (15 pounds ??) I had made my AutoPilot.

Grz,
    Audrey
    Last edited by Miss A.; 03-14-2008 at 01:13.

Nice 1 Audrey that sounds mega!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Hello!

My small list is:

1: In the Show editor a Move effect (x,y,z) would be good, which move frame automatically from left to right and back. It could be a checkbox to on/off.
    2: Loading predefined color morphs in Show editor to use special color settings not only rainbow
    3: A Show player would be good to create a show list to play more than one show automatically.
    4: Image masking on scenes.

Whiteg

and add:

- A button for switch off the pc monitor. Very pleasant during show programming

- A speedbutton for New Frame. This can be easy added, because there is space left on top of the speedbutton New Show.

- The settings of the Parallel Output Settings are found in the menu Settings > Color Settings > Settings. Why is it in that window? It should be found in the menu Settings > Output Settings.

Greetings,
    Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post

1: In the Show editor a Move effect (x,y,z) would be good, which move frame automatically from left to right and back. It could be a checkbox to on/off.
    This is something that is achievable now though its more long winded than a singe effect you can do it over a couple of scenes so I doubt that this would be a high priority addition - but we can ask

2: Loading predefined color morphs in Show editor to use special color settings not only rainbow
    I assume that you mean to easly morph between say yellow and blue rather than going through a full colour morph (rainbowing through all the colours). If so this too is possible though I dont think the colour wheels that are provided are very intuitive to use - frankly they are a PIA

3: A Show player would be good to create a show list to play more than one show automatically.
    I second this too - a standalone player would be mega especially if you could define breaks between the shows so they dont all just run end to end - unless you wanted them to.

4: Image masking on scenes.
    Though this comes into its own for graphics shows that Im not really that much into I agree this would be a useful and cool feature.
    [/QUOTE]

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by MambaFreak View Post

- A button for switch off the pc monitor. Very pleasant during show programming
    Audrey there is a dispaly dimming feature on the way - I have tried it in one of the v1.8 beta versions I tested for OG its very cool and dimms the monitor as soon as you hit play - any click will put the screen back to full brightness. I was hoping we would see this as a 'new' function in v1.9 but someone at ML decided we cant have it yet

- A speedbutton for New Frame. This can be easy added, because there is space left on top of the speedbutton New Show.
    And for copy/paste delete frame - thereis plenty of space for new useful buttons

- The settings of the Parallel Output Settings are found in the menu Settings > Color Settings > Settings. Why is it in that window? It should be found in the menu Settings > Output Settings.
    Yes I agree this is in a silly place though I dont use PP output any longer its still not logical

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    - I have tried it in one of the v1.8 beta versions I tested for OG its very cool and dimms the monitor as soon as you hit play -
    Rob

Beta versions?? Lucky you !!
    Tell me your secret! Sending Xmas cards to ML every year?

Maybe that's a good idea. First bring out any new version for people who are using Mamba very often before a real release
    That will make the list of bugs shorter

Beta versions?? Lucky you !!
    Tell me your secret! Sending Xmas cards to ML every year?
    no xmas card - my secret is simple - Im just sad and sit in fromt of my computer every day playing with mamba and sending error report to Andre (though there are less these days) - so now he feels sorry for the nerd Rob

Rob

Mmmm, poor Rob.
    I wish our distance was a little bit smaller, but the North sea seperates us...
    It would be nice if I could play with your dongle and you could play with my speed buttons.

Xx Audrey
    Last edited by Miss A.; 03-17-2008 at 21:40.