Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamba suggestions: post here

Thumbs up Mamba suggestions: post here

I want to use this thread for posting suggestions for only Mamba Black.

Not for reporting bugs, only new features, great ideas, freaky menus and other splashing things to make this software better and better than it is now

================================================== =======
    Last edited by Miss A.; 02-07-2008 at 11:47.

First, is it possible to add a function that will select ALL scenes?
    Like Rob wrote in his post http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3811 we can glue two seperate shows together using copy-paste of all scenes. But when you have more than 8 tracks (with effects), it is not possible to copy all scenes in one time.
    Also, if the show is not exactly synchrone to the music, its sometime usefull to 'shift' all the scenes a bit to the left or right on the timeline...

Second, is it possible to add a button that will give a real grid in the draw editor?
    Its more easy than to create nice figures...

Third, is it possible to add a function that will give a countdown clock instead of the clock its in Mamba now?
    This can be very nice during newyears eve or at the beginning of a show...
    Last edited by Miss A.; 02-07-2008 at 11:51.

Audrey
    I agree with ALL of your suggestions but you may regret askin' (or OldGrumpy may hate you for suggesting this thread) as I could write a page or more of things I would like....this could be a long thread.

Heres are a couple to begin with....

1 Better frame editing tools - flip rotate object etc
    2 Click on left side of geo rotation wheels jumps in increments of -90 click on right jumps in increments of +90 (as is the case already) cos its bloody impossible to set values accurately with the mouse.
    3 Also have these wheels scroll with mouse scroller.
    4 Abstracts.
    5 Custom Pallete to load on start up - its possible to save and load but it would be easier if you could definfe yours as default.
    6 when select to recolour a scene the eyedropper button should automatically push on. Now you have to select 'use colour' then click 'eyedropper' then select the colour - why the extra step?
    7 Remove colour morph with a single click - as you can add it with just one but only remove with 6 clicks (3 right clicks + 3 left clicks).
    8 Allow scrolling text to auto resize to fit the text input and font size. This was a nightmare for me the other night when I used this in the field. Resizing manually caused longer delays than was needed between messages.
    9 Maybe have vertical scrolling text as an option....
    10 Allow you to shift the music start point. At the moment your show will start when the music does - it would be good to be able to delay the music to display text or other effects before the music begins. To do this now you need to edit the wav or MP3 file and put in how ever many seconds of silence you need.

Ok theres just 10 off the top of my head - Im sure I will post some more later

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thumbs up

Nah, no hate here, I appreciate it Saves me writing dozens of todo lists

here are a few more - mostly to do with what I think are sortcomings with the implementation of effects track items

1 - a colour balance setting would be good - so when colours are on together they match for balance but if a single colour is on it ignores the balance and goes to max. In DPSS lasers often green is much brighter than the others - this setting would allow green to be backed off for great balance without sacrificing its impact when running alone.
    2 - Sliders that appear with effects should be able to adjust with keyboard or mouse scroll not just click n drag.
    3 - a recolour effect would be useful so you could recolour a scene in the normal way buy overide it for some or all or the scene length with an effect.
    4 - allow sines to act in horzontal or vertical modes.
    5 - have a triangle wave effect.
    6 - have an optional context menu selection that allows a scene to automatically resize to match the scene its under. Sometimes its a faf timing them both to match.
    7 - Individual colour shift functions to allow matching of different DPSS lasers - as it stands blue often lags green which lags red 1 shift is not enough
    8 - When you click to zoom into the timeline the cursor position or selected scene should be the centre of the zoom - as it stands you can easily loose where you are.
    9 - Maybe have a zoom whole show, zoom selected scene, or zoom to markers option.

Damn nearly made 10 ....but not quite

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Audrey
    10 Allow you to shift the music start point. At the moment your show will start when the music does - it would be good to be able to delay the music to display text or other effects before the music begins. To do this now you need to edit the wav or MP3 file and put in how ever many seconds of silence you need.
    Why not have an audio track below the scene tracks. That way you could add multiple audio files and handle them just as easy as the scenes. No need for any fancy stuff just an offset for the sound on the timeline.

It would be nice with a crossfade and the like for the audio files but thats a bit far off.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

And:

-A preview window at full screen! (just like the 'other' software....)

-Extra button next to the loop button: Loop backwards!

-Flash rate not only in 1/25 seconds but also in beat per minutes BPM.

Sorry Andre. We hope theise suggestions will not give you any stress in your job. Just pick the best items for the next version.

Re-posted here as suggested:-

Can sound to light be done in Mamba, for synchronizing beam changes? i.e play a series of made frames and the frames only change on adjustable beat times?
    I can sort of do this in Freestyler using DMX control be it only with pre-programmed patterns within my DMX board and using the sound to light function within the Freestyler program. It works very well but unfortunately only with the pre-programmed stuff.

----

I will try and get a video done of what I can acheive in FS and post a link on here. It does look good
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

answered in the other thread

Rob

Would a sound to light feature be difficult to add Andre?

Freestyler uses your soundcard to give an adjustable bargraph with an adjustable setpoint within the bargraph. Each time a 'beat' hits the setpoint it alters a random DMX value within a 0-255 value that in turn alters the pattern projected.
    Could MB have such a feature where the bargraph setpoint alters frames, effects, scenes etc etc predetermined by the users choice?
    I believe this would be a great feature and would make beam show design so much easier.

I have tried the Winamp visualisation thing and just could not get it to work
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!