Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pizza anyone?

judging by the amount of smoke, i'd say it was obliterating the cheese and the crust. though they did cut it twice, i'll bet it sliced quite nicely.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Smile

Actually, even the old-fashioned wheel pizza cutter never really solved the "melted cheese" problem. It cut the crust OK, but if the cheese was hot enough it just oozed back together across the cut. No big deal, just pull it apart again and steal a little extra cheese from the adjacent slice!

I think the laser did manage to cut the crust, but it wasn't ideal. And as someone already mentioned - who's going to clean the grease and melted (carbonized?) cheese off the lens when they're finished? (Yuck!)

Then again, it appeared that the dudes didn't have anything better to do with their time, so why not try it?

Adam

i cant decide what laser that was i think it would be a 10-30w radially pumped ND:yag or ND:glass and you could HEAR the oblitiration on the pizza as the bread exploded from the heat

I was guessing a 40watt co2. Since they seem to be very common in laser etchers/cutters