Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LASERWAVE 150mW

Default LASERWAVE 150mW

ok, just got the laserwave 150mW-

1- DELIVERY. Awesome!!! i paid on the 21. bridge shipped on the 23. i received it today!! (jan 28)

2. PACKAGING- SUPERB!!! (see pic below). PLENTY of padding. and shipped in a BOX!! nicely wrapped up. bubble wrapped and padded great! components were held in place VERY well to avoid jostling during transit.

3. BUILD AND QUALITY. just holding the laser and the power supplies you can tell these are quality units. rugged, heavy and meticulous attention to detail. solder joints are nice and clean. the cords are securely screwed in. what really impressed me (may seem silly) are the crimp connectors on the power cords and DC cords. you can tell by the crimp that somebody didnt just quickly grab a connector and willy nilly crimp some wrong gauge connector on. you can tell the connectors are on securely and that somebody took the time to crimp them correctly and securely and neatly! that shows pride in ones work and product!!

4. BEAM- DPSS blue laser beam....nuff said! very tight, bright and clean.

5. CONCERNS- i have one concern- when plugged in, the power supply makes a sort of "grinding" noise. not very loud but it DEF is audible. almost sounds like an arcing, but i know it isnt. it sounds almost like the sound a crapped out scanner would make if the bearings were shot or if they were being drastically overdriven. i kept it on for about 20 mins and noticed NO degradation in anything and nothing got warm. is this normal??? should i be concerned??

some pics-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LW1.jpg  

LW2.jpg  

LW3.jpg  

LW4.jpg  

8.jpg  

sorry, more pics-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11.jpg  

9.jpg  

1.jpg  

6.jpg  

3.jpg  

Wow, Awesome pics. I'm fixin' to buy me a LaserWave from Bridge-- Wonder what the noise is- maybe the switching PS breaking-in? Did it continue or quit?

i havent plugged it back in yet. i wanna see what some people say before i re-apply power. but thanks for the compliment on the pics!

-Marc

Hello, Marc,
    nice pictures, we all like pictures.
    CONCERNS- i have one concern- when plugged in, the power supply makes a sort of "grinding" noise. not very loud but it DEF is audible. almost sounds like an arcing, but i know it isnt. it sounds almost like the sound a crapped out scanner would make if the bearings were shot or if they were being drastically overdriven. i kept it on for about 20 mins and noticed NO degradation in anything and nothing got warm. is this normal??? should i be concerned??
    ok, I 'd like that I can reply your concerns, about the noise, I carefully hear it a few seconds ago, yes, it not the PSU's noise, it is the fan, below our PCB, there are two little fans, when the fan on, you will hear the noise, you can take off the fan connect and hear the noise still here,tell me what you hear, but don't all the time take off the fan connect, then the heatsink will overheat.
    ok, why all the things are not warm, first PSU, we used 5V,8A unit ,that is more than we can use, in other words, we only need 5V,6A can woking, but for working well, we need some sufficient, yes, the PCB, you know two fan cool the heat sink, remove all the heat out in time, also the laserhead, with well design, all the heat will remove in time to keep all the things working in the best state. don't worry, Marc, if things overheat, that will be more problems, if things normal , that display working very well. as you know, we burning one of our blue lasers about 1000 hours, and send to Chuck, http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3577,
    yes, he had received it, tell me all things working well and will begin long life test that weekend, but maybe Chuck is busying, I only received one letter from him, no more news, I also eager want to know how things going on, yes, just we always said, time will prove all.
    also green long life time test compare with CNI's lasers, just as I said before,we like compare, compare will make things clear and let us do better and better.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3674
    any questions, I 'd like I can do something for you.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

this definitely is NOT fan noise. i recorded the sound and boosted the volume as much as i could and cleaned up the audio a little bit so you can hear it. still very hard to discern, but it is NOT fan noise! its coming from the main power supply. (theres no fans on that anyway)

attached file (turn your speakers down at first)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Marc,
    great working, but I only can hear the fan's voice.
    don't worry, burning on it, time is the best test way.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    this definitely is NOT fan noise. i recorded the sound and boosted the volume as much as i could and cleaned up the audio a little bit so you can hear it. still very hard to discern, but it is NOT fan noise! its coming from the main power supply. (theres no fans on that anyway)

attached file (turn your speakers down at first)

bridge, i honestly dont think this is something i need to worry about. im not too nervous about it. but it does concern me a little bit. i am sure it tested well and i have faith in your product! just a very "weird" noise to me. and the noise you heard in the recording isnt fan noise. i didnt have any fans hooked up. that noise is the noise im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    bridge, i honestly dont think this is something i need to worry about. im not too nervous about it. but it does concern me a little bit. i am sure it tested well and i have faith in your product! just a very "weird" noise to me. and the noise you heard in the recording isnt fan noise. i didnt have any fans hooked up. that noise is the noise im talking about.
    Hello Marc,
    maybe after MP3 transfer ,I can't hear the original noise, but don't worry, if the PSU doesn't work well or something just like over load (current draw), the unit will begin hotter and hotter, maybe you can't touch it, keep it working ,let us see what happen.
    if you working at modulate situation, the voice is sure had ,this is the frenquency resonance, lower frequency or higher frenquency hadn't , maybe about 3KHZ is the most . "meanwell" powersupply still had too.
    but that not be problem, I advice you burn it ,through long time working, you will know more.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

UPDATE-

the noise is fine. i had 1 of my engineers at work listen to it and he said its just a natural "hum" because the high current.

just an FYI to everyone. i would HIGHLY reccomend Laserwave. Bridge has been EXCELLENT and customer service is beyond expectations. I would give it an "A."

Thanks!

-Marc

oh, all in all. the unit is great!