Thread: ripping a dx true 100

Default ripping a dx true 100

i have decided to remount my dx into a cheap lab laser (mounted in a old cpu block) but i really want to redriver it so anyone know the specs i will need to drive the 808 (ma / v) for this module with analouge or ttl 10-20k

i have potmodded this driver atm and it seems to hang in just fine it just makes a touch more heat

also does anyone have any broken dx trues (anything but the lens broken) because it needs a new lens because clumsy git here managed to scratch it when focusing it

heres the bit i need
    or just send me the whole thing

ps the purple thing is damage to phone camera by said laser :P

It's actually a Newwish laser.

You can measure the current with your current (forgive the pun) driver and then replace it with your new driver and set it to the measured currend.

Also, overdriving causes reduced lifespan

Hi,

I would recommend you go with the d4drive from robin an die4laser.com, it is a very robust driver with analogue/ttl modulation.

new info after replacing the lens the damn scatter is still there i think its on the crystal-side lens thats glued in.. its still good for beamshows though now its very well collimated

thanks for the info dar303 i think i will do that but stay ttl becasue this laser does NOT like analouge(mode hops tem00-07!)and by overdriving it it now stays in tem00-01 not jumping into 02 or 03 i dont really care if it dies its already crap but becasue of recent purchases (going to the dark side of high power 808 IR burning)
    im SKINT!