Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SP168 in hospital - moved thread

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    pictures - we got pictures
    not of what you want between anode and magnet but cathode cold, filament up and plasma up - and another action shot to get you all excited

enjoy

Graham said £750+17.5% hell the whole lot only cost me a little more.....

The stem seals were off at this time as I was aligning and I am paranoid about snapping the stems when searching with the ends. I had also cleaned the brewsters and mirrors - thought I would go the whole hog and didnt close them back off till it was aligned. I built me a little rig to raise and lower my 7mW uniphase hene so I can fire it down the bore of the 168. I used 4mm stud and the bearings from some old cpu fans as thrust bearings in the feet. Worked a bloody treat. Have used this setup twice to do a from scratch alignment.

as for clean - yes its good - I was told it had low hours on it - but they all say that but it had the cambridge refurb in Jan '96 and has only done some hours really since I got it and Ive probably only put about 150 hours on it if that!

Rob
    cathode color lit looks nice, plasma glow (mixed gas) looks nice, cold cathode bulb deposits look good- Couldnt tell exact shape of cathode form pic but if it is evenly spaced and not sagging or tweaking it looks good!

Fix those freaking biscuits and you be back in business! Running the laser is better for these than letting them sit (you can get water vapor contamination)

very nice, makes me want to get one of mine running again, I still have a couple of these in various states of disrepair. They are burried in my storage locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Couldnt tell exact shape of cathode form pic but if it is evenly spaced and not sagging or tweaking it looks good!
    Cathode is nice and clean and looks 'perfect' when cold no sign of sag it looks like new!

Fix those freaking biscuits and you be back in business!
    I'll second that!

very nice, makes me want to get one of mine running again, I still have a couple of these in various states of disrepair. They are burried in my storage locker.
    I love it. Its not easy and gives me sleepless nights thinking about what could go wrong, but when you hit fire and see the art it makes - man it's just f**king gorgeous!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

adam, the only problem i have with that is than now you have something that is non standard witch goes with out saying. If he were at a show and his PS goes boom, boom and i have one outside in my car at the same gig you be SOL. Plus some day he may have 20 of these lasers and they all need to be interchangeable! At one time I had at least 10 of these and 6 171's. Redundancy, redundancy, redundancy...its the laser motto!

pat b

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Cool

I have both sides of a SP umbilical

Steve Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I have both sides of a SP umbilical

Steve Roberts
    Well its about dang time you chimed in!!! So you have the replacement parts pins and biscuits? How much do you want for a set of each- PS Side and Tail Side?

Well its about dang time you chimed in!!! So you have the replacement parts pins and biscuits? How much do you want for a set of each- PS Side and Tail Side?
    I'll second that. Do you wanna sell Steve and how much?

Cheers

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I'll second that. Do you wanna sell Steve and how much?

Cheers

Rob

Rob, Someone out there released a whole friggin heard of crickets un less you got PM'ed and I didnt

pat b

Nope
    Steve popped up and then hid in the long grass.....

I may have a lead over this side of the pond - still waiting for word back - but there may be an umbilical I can buy for a sensibile ammount of money. However I will follow anything up at the moment and if I end up with 1, 2 or more ways to sort me out then thats gotta be better than none!

Rob

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

What would someone be willing to pay for such an umbilical?

What is the condition of the power supply connector?
    Will just the umbilical side of the equation correct the issue?
    go big or go home

I will pay a fair price for what is a hobby laser - not £750+17.5%!!! If I can't get I will make.

The exciter connector is in good condition with a little cleaning will be good to go, the only burning is between the slices of the umbilical connector due to the water ingress. There may be a fault in the 265 but I will do some electrical tests to confirm this is ok before I repair the amphenol and power it up.

Rob