Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laservisuals Safety course this coming Monday 18thFeb

Default Laservisuals Safety course this coming Monday 18thFeb

Anyone else attending this course?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hey Jim...

I take it that you decided to take the plunge and are attending?

It's a good course, a lot of information to take in but there are some very good course notes to help you.

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 02-11-2008 at 02:02.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yes mate, I have taken the plunge. Safety first Jem

I intend to at some time do gig's so I believe it's important to have this course behind me.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Yes mate, I have taken the plunge. Safety first Jem

I intend to at some time do gig's so I believe it's important to have this course behind me.

That was my thought as well. It's already stood me in good stead when I recently dealt with the Health & Safety department of the Council in the area where I did my first commercial Gig (see my post on PL). The guy at the Council was extremely impressed that I had undergone some formal training and that I was able to provide a certificate to prove it. I also provided a full Health & Safety information pack and risk assessment to the College where the Gig was held, they too were extremely impressed at my overall attitude to safety.

Enjoy the course and give my best regards to James and Julie.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thanks for all the information and help Jem, I really appreciate it.
    Good to hear the first 'commercial' went well your end The 'bending over' must have been 'Tops' so to speak

Am looking forward to the course, I think it will be a very interesting day and thanks again for highlighting it.

Oh, and a quick appology for trying to burn the back of your head at the UKLEM - I realise now that at one stage I did indeed have my projector a bit low and noticed you nudged it up a little - SORRY about that mate. It was not the most intelligent thing I did throughout the day and it won't happen again

Thanks again Jem.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Thanks for all the information and help Jem, I really appreciate it.
    Good to hear the first 'commercial' went well your end The 'bending over' must have been 'Tops' so to speak

Am looking forward to the course, I think it will be a very interesting day and thanks again for highlighting it.

Oh, and a quick appology for trying to burn the back of your head at the UKLEM - I realise now that at one stage I did indeed have my projector a bit low and noticed you nudged it up a little - SORRY about that mate. It was not the most intelligent thing I did throughout the day and it won't happen again

Thanks again Jem.
    Hey, No worries Jim... You'll pretty soon be looking out for that sort of thing yourself, one of the benefits of the course is the way it raises your safety awareness. Hope I didn't offend you in any way, I just felt a little nudge was the most discreet way. I didn't realise you'd even seen me do it

In any case I think the laser has stimulated my hair growth and I now have a full head of 'Jimmy Hendrix' style hair... could we be onto something here?

Jem

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

How much was the course, lads?

Hello matey.

The last course was £245 + VAT and well worth EVERY Penny IMHO.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

i want to go on that at some point
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cheers for the info Jim.

Although I don't see myself doing professional shows anytime soon, it's always handy to have some qualification behind you to cover your ass as I like to do a laser display at family barbies etc.

As I intend to get biggger and better equipment (as I'm sure we all do) the fact that safety has been taken into account must surely count as a big plus if/when I reach out a little further (like Jem is doing).

Would you consider the course good value for those of us who are looking at laser use for 95% of the time in a personal capacity as opposed to those who are seriously looking at it as a way of displaying to the public on a paying basis?

After all, a couple of hundred quid could go some way to a shniy new toy if you are only gonna be doing displays for yourself (and the laser meets of course).