Thread: Mirrors with Balls

Red face

30 seconds into it and the only comment that comes to mind... "THAT looks safe..." Do me a favor and remove the big mirror behind the projector... Those reflections have to be hitting you in the face. Otherwise it may be an interesting angle.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Yeah they were, your gonna grill me for this but I'm losing my fear fast, I've been hit in the eye quite a few times and I caan stiiil sea pprooorprlry

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Yeah they were, your gonna grill me for this but I'm losing my fear fast, I've been hit in the eye quite a few times and I caan stiiil sea pprooorprlry
    Hi Graham

O.K. Grilling mode on...

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!! I know it seems like fun and looks great. One of the problems with laser damage to your eyes is that you may not always notice it straight away. The brain is very good at knitting together the blank bits in your vision so you don't always notice the damage that's actually been done.

A while ago I posted an Amsler Chart on the forum, this is a quick and dirty method of spotting visual loss. However, there is no substitute for a proper eye examination. If you think you've sustained a few direct hits you really ought to go and get checked out. If the Optometrist says everything's O.K. then consider that you've been lucky this time. It really isn't worth risking your eyesight for a few minutes fun.

Grilling mode off...

Otherwise, I see you've got some nice fog going there

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem, I just did the Amlser test....I could see slight bulges as if there was a bulge in all four sides of the square but no blind spots.
    Yeah your right I will take more care next time. I'm already deaf, I dont need to be blind as well.

Otherwise, I see you've got some nice fog going there
    I had it in the kitchen for a dinner party and the smoke managed to drift around the whole house setting three smoke alarms of simaltaniously...Ive still only got the small amount of jucie that came with it. I cant find any one maplins site...the recomended fluid section is empty.

Cheers, graham
    Last edited by laserLips; 02-12-2008 at 03:50. Reason: Crap spelling

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    I had it in the kitchen for a dinner party and the smoke managed to drift around the whole house setting three smoke alarms of simaltaniously...Ive still only got the small amount of jucie that came with it. I cant find any one maplins site...the recomended fluid section is empty.
    Yeah, smoke has the tendency to drift all over the house, that's got me into trouble a few times as well

They have the smoke fluid in the Maplin stores, or at least the store near to us does. I still have half a bottle left that I forgot to bring to the meet. If you get desparate I can always post this to you for the cost of postage only. Just PM me if you want it.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

What fogger do you have? A lot of times you can use almost any type of fluid in your foggers. Sometimes however, this may void any warranty.

And check with someone that knows the fogger first.

-Max

If the fogger uses water based fluid then use any water based fluid. I've found that the money you save over buying the proper (read: 'more expensive') stuff covers the price of repairs/replacement.

If you're after cheap foggers, the Stairville ones from Thomann are hard to beat for value for money.

I received my Stairville NH-300 from Thomann this Friday. It's very nice for that price!

However, the Swedish postal service managed to lose the package containing the smoke fluid (among other things I ordered, the only thing that arrived was the hazer). Luckily I'm a chemical engineer and keep a decent stock of chemicals in my kitchen. So I improvised... 30% glycerin in deionized water makes a great smoke fluid. Smell is not so great and it makes the floor very slippery though.