Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pioneer 112 minus 20 (free) competition

ill have to do a another setup tommorow then one for the tec and one for the driver should be fun will post the vid as soon as i can

I am convinced that the diode stopped putting out power because you reached the limits of the power supply. But even so, I have seen a diode stop increasing power even though I was increasing current. It happened with a diode I got from Ebay. It made it to around 200mw and stayed there a little bit and then dropped down to around 180mw. Even bumping up the current wouldn't increase power. I didn't push it too far but I did change the current level by at least 50mA and power didn't increase a bit.

Wink pioneer112 the end

Well it has been a pleasure doing this destruction test on the pioneer 112 diode, I had a few surprises on the way but consider this, the diode used for the testing was the diode that had been on continuous testing at 250mw and when the temp went down in my work shop it went up to 260 mw especially during the night when the temperature in my part of the uk went down to freezing this diode has been running prior to the destruction tests for nearly 5 weeks if the wavelength on these was 635 – 640 ish you would have the ultimate diode for combining two to make 500mw for your projectors
    But unfortunately it is not but for around £22 for the diode I personally feel mw per pound or dollar spent there is no better diode out there on the market at the moment unless some one knows better if so please come forward lol I am also pleased to announce that the winner by only 1 mw you will have to watch the video carefully but it is cdbeam send us your mailing address Bob and in a week or so ill make you a module up and send it to you the end result was the diode even after adjusting the driver board to put more volts and current through the diode it went pop at 424mw only for a fraction of a second but none the less it was 424 at 700ma and 5.74 volts I think that concludes the testing and long term stability test on the pioneer 112 diode
    All the best Paul
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NX8yBDZAqMA

Well done Bob
    and well done to Paul for doing this in the name of science
    Top work Paul - whats next

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

well on a post several weeks ago i posted that i would be getting this
    http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...383,4294953226
    to take apart and build a 80-100mw blue/uv laser this drive has a 6x writable diode in it so it should be good for around that amount of output and the price is quite good to, i will be doing this in a few weeks as i am busy with other prodjects at the moment but it should be fun if it works i will buy another to combine for 160-200mw ill see how the funds go (damn it costs money)lol what the heck you cant take it with you, i think marconi did something similar a while back im not to sure but this is the next generation chip so it should be intresting

Default Holy Shit Batman !!!

Kaz,

I am amazed !!!!! I will PM you with my address !!! Thank you for a very entertaining " bit of skit "....I just told my wife the GREAT news !!!! HAHAHA....The usual " Humor the crazy man smile " ....followed by the " Deer in da headlight look " ....you guys know these looks all to well...but these looks are far more pleasant to deal with than the ....................
    "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH ON DA PRETTY LIGHTS LOOK ???????" That look is the pits !!!!
    Thank you very, very much !!! My very, very lucky day ( Err....ah....my estimation based upon hours of scientific calculation....right )
    The Aluminum block mount work is a real beauty !!!!!!!!!! I have an idea on a novel display for this unit.....I want to somehow sync it to a clock display....and have the laser give a burst of light....oh....every 10 sec...or every 1 min.....just a very novel clock display....that any on PL would likely find entertaining !!!!!!

Later....BoB / CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

your welcome Bob should quite a thing, a clock with a laser attached every 10 seconds or minute everyone in the room have to put there laser specs on or duck lol only joking

Wink Congrats BoB!

BOOOOO!!!!

I am feeling like a sore looser... 1 lousy mW huh? that meter doesn't round up does it?

so close yet so far lol better luck next time allthatwhichis