Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer 112 minus 20 (free) competition

Thumbs up Pioneer 112 minus 20 (free) competition

To see what these pioneer diodes can do I will on Thursday machine up a small aluminium block and mount the diode on it and strap it to a tec taking down to around –15/-20 degrees in the name of science to see what I get out of the little guy, they seem to run very well at 250mw cw but I want to see when the critical damage point occurs I will do the set up with an amp meter that will be on my main variable power output supply also there will be a thermal probe on the block measuring the temp and I will continuously measure the mw output I will catch all this on camera and youtube it for all to see the best way would be to do one at room temp then one at –20 to see what the difference would be but the I have only the one left as I have sold the others and by some miracle if it gets to 700mw and stay there for 5 minutes without blowing I am going to frame it and mount it on the wall lol if I can get more than 40 people interested in having a guess when my next batch arrives in a couple weeks I shall donate the diode with wires attached and mounted in one of my home brew modules for free all you have to do guess at what mw output the diode will blow, the nearest will receive the module with a working pioneer diode in it for free all that will be required is a suitable driver for it what have you got to loose
    also if two people get the correct result it will be the first one that posted that wins
    also you must be a active member here on ( PL) and only one bet per person for obvoius reasons i think thats only fair

My bet is it will self destruct at 520mw would anyone else like to have a guess
    Last edited by kaz; 02-13-2008 at 10:54. Reason: added something

I think that the testing you are doing is great and I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate it. I look forward to seeing a compilation of all of your data one of these. After my current diode blows I will probably look for one of those Pioneer drives for a replacement diode, thanks to you.

I'll say 589mW...

I think you'll squeeze a tad over 600mW... Let's say 612mW to be precise

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

374mW... and that's being generous.

It gets really hard to get any higher effect at a certain point...

Lightbulb

420mW... You can't smoke till it's 420...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default " Thar shee blows !!! "

Nice mount !!!!! It'll take a crap @ 427mw !!!

BoB / CDBEAM
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

............461!

In the best tradition of Ray Bradbury, I'll go with 451!

Adam