Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handheld White light

Here is what I done to get this guy going.......One mistake I noticed, I had used the small PBS cube from the optics setup. The large cube is no good for red at all. I/R I think it was for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handheld schematic.JPG  

Last edited by MechEng3; 02-14-2008 at 02:30.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Haha, the sad part is with that mindset my desk would never be clean... and it never really is. For the record my signature is true... although I didn't get in a fight with the projector, I have slept on the couch for a few days because the work area that I usually have the projector was cleaned so that I could work on reformatting/cleaning my desktop PC. My girlfriend told me I should tuck the projector in... lol

A buddy of mine used to say "first you have to clear a spot" and he would rake everything off his workbench with his arm onto the floor. He is the same one that got a divorce because he accidently drilled a 1/2 inch hole in his wifes family air loom kitchen table...we still laugh about that one...his wife is gone but he still has his lasers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    to mliptack- LOL I can relate- I draw the line at the bedroom door- don't ask about the living and dinning room- I'm constantly moving projects out of my place to the warehouse -
    it never ends- if it crosses the bedroom door- lets just say I would be celebate.. LOL
    Haha, I wish I had a warehouse that I could move stuff to. I've got unfinished projects galore! And yeah the living room and dining room are options but only for short periods of time. Like checking the divergence of a beam while maybe taking a few pictures.. but of course full power is frowned upon LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    A buddy of mine used to say "first you have to clear a spot" and he would rake everything off his workbench with his arm onto the floor. He is the same one that got a divorce because he accidently drilled a 1/2 inch hole in his wifes family air loom kitchen table...we still laugh about that one...his wife is gone but he still has his lasers!!!
    I could never do that unless I knew for sure the items on the workbench were crap. I guess that is the Packrat nature I treasure... I guess I never really know when I will find something useful! I've never drilled through a table but I have started carpet on fire several times. One particular instance that comes to mind:

I was like 12 or so. My dad is a civil engineer that works for the Department of Transportation. He had an old yellow strobe that he used on the top of the car for a while, but they discontinued it so he got to keep it. Well of course I wanted to make it work. So I cut off the cigarette lighter end, wired it up to a nice Edison style plug and tested it out. Needless to say just about everything on the circuit board errupted into flames and shot burning matter all around me. I quickly stomped it out... my parents never found out -

I learned the valuable lesson of 12v vs 120v that day!

I learned the valuable lesson of 12v vs 120v that day!

hahahahahah - I learned about 120 vac when i was about 4, i took a piece of my erector set, folded it in half and plugged it in...That day i also learned about shrapnel and plasma too!

Yeah I too learned about 120v earlier... I had a metal cased fan that I wanted to use in my room, well not knowing anything about electricity I hooked the hot to the ground and the neutral to the hot terminal.

When I decided to flip the metal switch I installed I got a nice intense shock.

My brother beat me by a few years though. He had 2 extension cords that he wanted to disconnect... so he used a Key. Enough said.

Smile

Rather than re-post it one more time, I'll just link to the post where I described a couple of my more "shocking" moments.

Note to self: Never strip wires with your teeth unless you are absolutely certain that the power is off.

Adam

Thanks for that Adam, I had to go back and read that thread. Those are some pretty good stories

Here are a few pix of this guy finished. A pic of just red and green, and then the white beam and spot. The divergence of the diodes is hard to hide at close range, but at a distance ,there is a very nice white spot. May have to keep this just for novelty's sake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA2434.JPG  

PANA2437.JPG  

PANA2442.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Just the green and red....two switches...one for the yellow combo and other is for violet 405nm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA2438.JPG  

Hey this is pretty neat, I think it might be safe to say Mike, that you've created the worlds first white light laser pointer! I think thats pretty significant! Good job dude! I'd be inclined to throw that on ebay and see what kind of return it could yield for such a one of a kind item. Can you make more?!