Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handheld White light

Talking Handheld White light

I have been toiling over the most aggrivating things. I have completed the 150mW green handheld. It has lithium cells and an onboard charge circuit.....plug in any 12vdc source and when the LED indicator is out it has a full charge. Power is a 6C2P configuration delivering 2.4Amps of lasing power. Also on a different note.....I may have built the first handheld white-light laser. Power levels are 5mW of 635nm,15mW of 405nm, and 8mW of 532nm. About 25mW through the optics,whitelight. More testing to be done after battery pack assembly and fitting into it's housing similar to the green laser. I will have these at the SELEM meet if I don't sell/trade them. The 405nm beam is fat.....spot is white though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA2425.JPG  

PANA2426.JPG  

PANA2427.JPG  

PANA2429.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I love that workdesk - a bunch of everything just piled around- I though I was the only one
    LOL
    go big or go home

Sorry...but when I get on a laser binge....I clean up after the carnage is over.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

LOL -my point exactly-
    go big or go home

Haha, the sad part is with that mindset my desk would never be clean... and it never really is. For the record my signature is true... although I didn't get in a fight with the projector, I have slept on the couch for a few days because the work area that I usually have the projector was cleaned so that I could work on reformatting/cleaning my desktop PC. My girlfriend told me I should tuck the projector in... lol

Thumbs up

Very nice on both accounts. I look forward to seeing the white light at SELEM. I'd like to do some thing on a similar small scale with a Laser FX.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Theoretically you can get a white with a 405nm for a blue. I was talking with my dad and it seems that in reality, the short near UV wavelengths like that do not appear to form colors like they should on the chromaticity chart. That is the reason that white LEDs are pumped with a 450 or so nanometer chip. While it would be more efficient to pump with a short wavelength, you do not get the same color gamut.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Hey, nice work. I guess we'll have to take your word for it that the spot looks white

can you sketch up your use of the optics? I see the green makes a straight line through, and there is a red or blue on the side.. what did you use for combining?

to mliptack- LOL I can relate- I draw the line at the bedroom door- don't ask about the living and dinning room- I'm constantly moving projects out of my place to the warehouse -
    it never ends- if it crosses the bedroom door- lets just say I would be celebate.. LOL
    go big or go home

nice work Mecheng3 must have been fun trying to squeeze all that into that hand held unit and for the record i think that the 405nm chips when combined make a nice white