Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 600Mw RGY 30kpps & 400Mw Green 45kpps for sale

Exclamation

Hello to all at UKLEM

Myself and Jim have had a lengthy discussion today of which the outcome is that his laser system will be sorted in a professional and hopefully a timely fashion. I am sure Jim will be posting on the forum soon about the nature of our conversation but on behalf of SilverRay Laser Systems and as a laser enthusiast myself i apologise for the poor quality of the 500mW RGB laser system for which was intentionally supposed to be a high quality laser unit fit for all purposes, and not one that would put anyone in any sort of danger.

In light of the discussions please dont hesitate to contact me about the concerns you have about our products and i will be happy to discuss this with you.

We hope that this one off incident will not have any long lasting affects of our reputation which up until now has been good.

Thankyou for your time,

Regards

Alex Boydell
    alex.boydell@silverray.co.uk

Well, after a rather miffed off phone call I left on Alex's answer machine threatening Trading standards as someone suggested I finally received a reply from Silverray lasers
    Had a lengthy discussion with Alex and I basically in a nut shell told him he was selling dangerous overseas crap that he really, if he is at all worried about the future of his company, aught to stop importing and selling here in the UK without first laying down stringent guidelines to his suppliers forcing the changes in their manufacture to the CE specifications and requirements within the UK.
    Alex agreed and I hope takes on board what was mentioned about the safety aspects, or lack of them, of the lasers he is selling.

I mentioned about the scan set installed into my unit I received from him and it being FAR from a 45K scan set, as discussed on another thread on this forum, and the fact that the 650nm CNI diode installed has about as much divergence as an Bangkok Ladyboy - He kind of agreed and made promises to replace the scan set with a far higher spec model and replace the red LD with an upgrade too.
    Lets hope he keeps his word.
    Throughout the whole phone call he was VERY apologetic and explained to me that he was in the midst of a college degree as well as juggling the going on's with his mentioned company. He promised that all will be sorted out, which I believe it will, and I will not have to pay a penny more than I already had, which was reassuring.

Anyway, he has agreed to replace the scanner set with an uprated set and also he is replacing the red CNI with something a little better hopefully bearing in mind that I do intend in modding the other two diode PSU's (Green & Blue) at some stage, to analogue.

I now await his definite reply as to what he is going to do

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hello Jim,

Would you prefer us to send you the replacement parts so you didnt have to wait for posting here and return posting?

I think what i am going to do is send you Laserworlds 45k scan set if they still do them, otherwise will have to send you the 50k set. I will also get in touch with CNI and ask them about the red diode. Feel free to keep the other scan set for your own use.

Thanks,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by silverray_laser_systems View Post
    Hello Jim,

Would you prefer us to send you the replacement parts so you didnt have to wait for posting here and return posting?

I think what i am going to do is send you Laserworlds 45k scan set if they still do them, otherwise will have to send you the 50k set. I will also get in touch with CNI and ask them about the red diode. Feel free to keep the other scan set for your own use.

Thanks,

Alex
    That will be fine Alex, Thanks.
    Laserworld 45K scan sets I have heard are pretty good so I will be happy with those.

Thanks
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Cool

Glad to see you jumped in here Alex. Even happier to see that you're standing behind your products. Well done.

Jim, about modding those lasers to analog... That's a tricky proposition with a TEC-cooled DPSS laser. You may not be 100% thrilled with the results. (Jellybeaning is common.)

I've got a DPSS green that was modded to analog blanking by none other than our own Marconi. And even so, the laser jellybeans *a lot*. I really need to just replace it, but I don't have much room left for anything else, so I need to find one of roughly the same size.

Anyway, my point is that you can start with a laser that will accept 30Khz blanking at the TTL level, and even if you do everything right, when you're done modding it you might end up with a laser that can barely do 10Khz analog blanking. (That's the boat I'm in.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Glad to see you jumped in here Alex. Even happier to see that you're standing behind your products. Well done.

Jim, about modding those lasers to analog... That's a tricky proposition with a TEC-cooled DPSS laser. You may not be 100% thrilled with the results. (Jellybeaning is common.)

I've got a DPSS green that was modded to analog blanking by none other than our own Marconi. And even so, the laser jellybeans *a lot*. I really need to just replace it, but I don't have much room left for anything else, so I need to find one of roughly the same size.

Anyway, my point is that you can start with a laser that will accept 30Khz blanking at the TTL level, and even if you do everything right, when you're done modding it you might end up with a laser that can barely do 10Khz analog blanking. (That's the boat I'm in.)

Adam
    Understand exactly what you mean Adam so will give that one a miss for a future modification. I have heard it mentioned that only a well trained eye can pick out a 7 colour RGB from a full colour White? Is this true?
    Thanks for the advice.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Cool

Saddly, no. It's very easy to tell the difference between 7 colors and full analog RGB, and of course the analog RGB looks much better. (It's also more work to design a show to take advantage of all those extra colors, but it's worth it!) You won't see it in the white, but in the mix of other colors. (For example, with TTL you'll have either yellow or orange, depending on the power of your green and red lasers, but you'll never be able to create both orange and yellow. Whereas with analog RGB you'll have a smooth mix from red to orange to gold to yellow.)

But don't let any of that bother you. 7 color RGB looks very cool by itself. And for beams only, it's pretty neat. Graphics, atmospherics (fans and tunnels), abstracts, and lumina effects are where the analog RGB mix really shines.

If you want to go all analog, keep those TTL lasers and use them for a beam-only rig. (Or use them as spares in case one of your analog units craps out.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by KevSki View Post
    Hello Alex
    We have emailed previously.
    Just a couple of questions about your Silverray Systems do you manufacture these systems/units yourself? and what is covered or included in the Warranty?
    Look forward to your reply.
    Thanks
    kev
    They could be Silver Star ( Yagang ) or AT lasers , looking at the cases. Both chineses.

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Adam and Jim

Re: analogue modulation modification

As I see it we are happy to buy an analogue DPSS from some of the lesser asian manufacturers (and some of the not so less ones) and they certainly do not have sophistcated modulation circuits that are linked into the cooling to present an ultra stable modulated signal (im not saying none do - just most dont). So doing it yourself to control the diode is no worse than buying an off the shelf analogue mod laser from one of these makers. I modded my CNI blue to analogue and yes it jelly beans but I have also modded the TEC circuit (only mildly) and adjusted while viewing the output noise on a scope, and optimised it to minimise the noise and maximise the output. Its not ideal, its not perfect, but its not a disaster to stay away from either.
    edit - I did my adjustments while the laser was being modulated - not with it in a stable state - again this is not perfect but it improved its performance during modulation by some margin.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    They could be Silver Star ( Yagang ) or AT lasers , looking at the cases. Both chineses.

Fluff
    I don't think it is AT Laser Mark as I have one of their Athene II RGY's sat here and the build quality is far better than the Silverray. They are CE marked and the interlock system works as it should.
    As for the Silver Star, I haven't heard or seen one of those so can't comment.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!