Thread: DLP Projectors + Laser = :(

Default DLP Projectors + Laser = :(

There was a thread that existed for some time, discussing how many video people wont do gigs that have lasers used due to the dangers of lasers and CCDs and DLPs...

Well I learned my lesson. Today I fired up my BenQ projector for the first time since a few days ago that I was testing my 800mw 532nm laser. I didn't recall hitting the projector ever. But apparently I did. Now I've got a vertical line and horizontal line burned in nicely into the projection.

It looks like it hit and really burned one spot. Because I have one big white dot at the point that the two lines cross. Also the two lines are perfectly straight with the pixels.

It really sucks.... I'll post a picture of the damage soon.

In the mean time, here's a cool picture from the night that the damage happened...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10-056.jpg  

10-022.jpg  

Hi Max,
    I am sorry to hear that, had hear many guys had broken their Camera, . really dangerous used their CCD to take pictures.
    but really nice pictures with smog.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    There was a thread that existed for some time, discussing how many video people wont do gigs that have lasers used due to the dangers of lasers and CCDs and DLPs...

Well I learned my lesson. Today I fired up my BenQ projector for the first time since a few days ago that I was testing my 800mw 532nm laser. I didn't recall hitting the projector ever. But apparently I did. Now I've got a vertical line and horizontal line burned in nicely into the projection.

It looks like it hit and really burned one spot. Because I have one big white dot at the point that the two lines cross. Also the two lines are perfectly straight with the pixels.

It really sucks.... I'll post a picture of the damage soon.

In the mean time, here's a cool picture from the night that the damage happened...

Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

heh, no wonder why I had such a hard time trying to search for it on PL... Thanks Jem!

I guess all the laser related articles really just mush together up in the ol' storage bin.

Thanks for the kind words Bridge! I was actually terrified of using that camera to take pictures. For several reasons. First because its a SLR, so if a beam hit the aperture it was going to come out and hit me. Second, its about a thousand dollar camera, and my old lady would never let that one down if I burned a few of the pixels in her camera.