Thread: FLEM Mark II - Dinner reservations

Smile FLEM Mark II - Dinner reservations

Hey guys;

FLEM Mark II is just 2 weeks away! For those of you who will be in Orlando on Friday, Febraury 29th, we will be having a pre-FLEM dinner party at Fishbones Restaurant. Everyone is welcome to join us. They've got great seafood, but they also have great steaks and a variety of other items on the menu. Here's a link to google maps that shows you where the place is. (It's right off I-4, so it's very easy to find.) I can't remember the exact prices off the top of my head, but I seem to remember a range of between $15 and $35 or so...

We have a reservation for a goup of 10 people for 6:00 PM. I figure that number is probably on the high side, but I wanted to be sure they saved us a large enough area. If we end up with more than 10, we can increase the party size... I just need to know ahead of time so I can give the folks at Fishbones a heads-up. (Our confirmation number is F651482, by the way.)

So far I have the following people signed up for dinner:

Allthatwhichis + guest
    Buffo
    Clandestiny
    Hayden
    Imagelight
    Pitts

Bill Benner (Pangolin) *may* be able to join us, depending on his work load that week. DZ will not be able to make it, and Astroguy may only be able to meet us for drinks afterward. (Long travel times for both of them)

EDIT: It's official - Fred can't make it for dinner. Still don't know about Bill though.

The following people have not expressed a preference yet one way or the other:

Aseras
    Daedal
    Evoldica
    Flecom
    Marconi

So if your name is on the list above, please reply here in this thread and let us know if you'll be joining us for dinner. Hope to see you there!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-19-2008 at 05:49.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I almost rather prefer to meet up for drinks later- I have to drop a load of lighting truss when I get back to town Friday am- I"ll then drop my equipment off at the flem location
    but I don't want to be pressed to have to make it to the south end by six-
    Put me as a maybe for dinner
    go big or go home

HI Adam,

Appreciate the location choice...

Ray

Hi Ray!

Yeah, well, I figured I couldn't live with myself if I had you driving all across Orlando on your first day and you ended up getting confused and started driving on the wrong side of the road and hitting something!

Seriously though, we had dinner at this restaurant back in March of 2007 (before we went to the Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular), and the food was really great, and they also had a nice atmosphere. Paul and I couldn't think of another place that would have offered any advantages over Fishbones, so we just went with them again. The prices are a little elevated, but not unreasonable for the quality of the food they serve. I think (hope!) that everyone will be pleased with the place.

Adam

Looks Good to me

Mark

Well it looks like I will not make it for dinner but still plan on being there Saturday morning. Have a beer or two or three for me
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Cool

Sorry to hear that Fred. Had a feeling it would be too far for you and Dee to make it - especially since you both have to work Friday...

I still haven't heard from the following people about dinner:

Aseras
    Daedal
    Evoldica
    Flecom
    Marconi

Please reply here and let us know if you'll be joining us for dinner or not.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-19-2008 at 05:49.

i dont think i will be able to go, im probably just going to go up saturday and back down that night

Cool

Ok Flecom; thanks for replying. Sorry you're going to miss dinner, but we'll see you for sure on Saturday then!

Adam