Thread: All that glitters......

Default All that glitters......

Hi,
    Pretty new here. Was searchig Ebay for red modules - came across this
    290206620582from cineselasershp. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone here experience of this seller?
    Thanks, David

Default all that glitters

i have also seen them about they are 150mw ones that have been turned up abit so expect <than the 3000 hour they quote and heatsink well, build your own loads of fun, cheaper and no import duty

Quote Originally Posted by xntrix View Post
    Hi,
    Pretty new here. Was searchig Ebay for red modules - came across this
    290206620582from cineselasershp. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone here experience of this seller?
    Thanks, David
    Hi Dave
    No experience of this seller, but have bought a 532nm 150 mW and a 650nm 100mW from from David Lanling.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Lanling-Tech
    The green is superb, nice quality with cooling etc cost £140.
    The red needed a box and heat sink etc but still good value for £35!
    On test they both appear to be quite stable with decent beams....not bad for the money paid.
    Kev
    Move toward the light!

Hi Kev, Thanks for info. I bought an almost identical red from seller "borphi".
    Advertised as 130mw red - I have no way of checking this, but was certainly very bright until its untimely demise!
    I'm new to al this M'lud, I had no idea!
    Ignorance is no defence!!!!
    You are hereby charged this day with careless and reckless use of a reflective surface resulting in the severe impaiment of an innocent young laser diode!! The poor thing can at best now emit the merest red glow!

On a brighter note, I received this module - Ebay 3302106660689 - green advertised as 210 mw. No markings as to manufacture, but nicely built and very bright! ( I bought another green from this seller 100mw, which has worked faultlessly) I am enjoying a surfeit of green photons this evening
    All the best, David

Hey Dave
    Im newbie too!
    Thats why i got Rob - Stanwax to have a look.... as we know there are no guarantees but as we share info we live and learn. I had both of them on most of the day at uklem ...the red is a bit rough and needs focussing bought well plesed so far.

anyways enjoy your show
    K
    Move toward the light!