Thread: Coherent I-90

Default Coherent I-90

Hey everyone,
    I have a few questions reguarding a coherent innova 90. How do you check if the cathod is saging in the tube. Also what are the possible out comes if the tube is over pressure...and after running it for a few hours the tube still does not decrease in pressure?
    Thanks alot
    -Adam

If you have a tube that is overpressure, you'll probably have to run it for more than a few hours, depending how bad it is. You're lucky it'll start at all....

Have you read Sam's Laser FAQ ? It should have plenty of info in there on what you need to look for etc..
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have a few questions reguarding a coherent innova 90. How do you check if the cathod is saging in the tube. Also what are the possible out comes if the tube is over pressure...and after running it for a few hours the tube still does not decrease in pressure?
    Thanks alot
    -Adam
    Because it is a ceramic tube you will not know that the cathode is sagging unless it blocks it from lasing. If it is high pressure it will be hard to start. If it starts...run the crap out of it to burn off excess gas while measuring the tube volts.

im really new to the whole laser thing and i dont know much about argon tubes but im just in the process of buying one so i dont want to get ripped off or anything. So when the tube is lasing how will i know if the cathode is sagging...if the beam is not the power it should be?
    Thanks alot
    -Adam

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    im really new to the whole laser thing and i dont know much about argon tubes but im just in the process of buying one so i dont want to get ripped off or anything. So when the tube is lasing how will i know if the cathode is sagging...if the beam is not the power it should be?
    Thanks alot
    -Adam
    An I-90 in good working condition should do 5 watts broadband minimum, most of them will do 10 watts easy. If you are a novice this might not be a good laser to start with...or maby it is...what the hell ya gotta start somewhere! what does the seller tell you about it? Will he show it to you running? Does he offer a guarantee? Thats the laser business!!!

its a special effects company...they specialize in many things. Laser, audio, lighting, video, home theather. they did the large dynacord alpha install at the docks in toronto. They do mainly night club installs. He has 3 to offer me, 2 being over pressure. So i just want to make sure they could sill work and i can get my moneys worth from them. Im sure they know what they are doing...but its a decent amount of money and i just dont want to end up with something thats just going to die on me in 2 months later.
    -Adam

Cool

Before you buy one that is overpressure, make *sure* it will start. Then too, make sure you've got a source of 3 phase power available at your home or place of business before you buy. You're going to want to run it for a long time (several days) right after you buy it to try and bring the tube pressure down. Then you'll need to fire it periodically to keep the pressure in spec. If you don't have ready access to 3 phase power, you won't be able to run it, and if the pressure gets too high you'll never get it started again.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Before you buy one that is overpressure, make *sure* it will start. Then too, make sure you've got a source of 3 phase power available at your home or place of business before you buy. You're going to want to run it for a long time (several days) right after you buy it to try and bring the tube pressure down. Then you'll need to fire it periodically to keep the pressure in spec. If you don't have ready access to 3 phase power, you won't be able to run it, and if the pressure gets too high you'll never get it started again.

Adam
    I couldn't have said it any better.