Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wide Scan Angle lens

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    MS has free IE updates.
    In much the same way that babies give you free "Diaper" updates.

and by that I mean poop.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

Well what can I say?

William Benner you have convinced me that you have done your homework on all the aspects of your products and have all the best intentions to deliver only the best to your clients.

If I could afford any of them I would be knocking on your door

Mamba Black do free updates, but rather than being true updates they are more like bug fixes.
    They aren't in the Pango league though.

Jim

If I am going to pay $1000 for software it better give me free updates and a massage!

Hi Guys,

Patents and copyrights.

I dont have a lot to say here apart from its likely less costly in lost time and money to buy a product rather than try to copy it to be anywhere near as good as the original, these product evolve over time. Better to focus on affording and buying instead of waisting time trying to copy or find budget sollutions.

andy-

while i am sure youre a great guy, and i will apologize now for saying this...

but, some of the videos you have posted are some of the WORST cases of laser negligence i have ever seen. In fact, some i think should border on criminal!!! I understand youre in romania and i am sure there are no rules/regulations on "crowd scanning," but you as a (Professional??) Laserist with what seem to be EXTREMELY high powered lasers (WELL above 10W...) you sir should know better!! i dont understand how you could consider yourself a professional when you put your crowds in such hazardous situations.

in my opinion it takes A LOT more to be a professional than just big, bad ass, pretty lasers and choreographed displays. i think putting your audience in danger SEVERELY hinders your right to call yourself a professional.

just because something may not be illegal and/or regulated doesnt detract from the point and from your intimate knowledge of the dangers involved with it!!

sorry man...cant say i respect what i have seen from some of those videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMME0q8g03A

thats the worse i think i have ever seen.

you got multiple (it looks like at least 5) high powered yags and/or argons i would say prob AT LEAST 5-8 Watts (conservative estimate!!!!! probably more along the lines of 10+ WATTS!!) each being down right aimed DIRECTLY into your crowd at VERY close range!!!

im sorry andy, but that is just CRAZY!!! i could possibly understand a stray beam here or there (shit...we all make mistakes...) but you (or whoever the operator was) looks as if you are trying to perform your own laser eye surgery on your audience!!!!

in my opinion, from some of your other videos, you have some SERIOUS laser equipment. and you have the power and technology to perform amazing shows and you obviously are a well known company in your location. there is NO NEED to put your audience in danger the way you do. you should let your artistry, lasers and programming speak for itself!!

its your company and obviously you can do what you want. but in my opinion, its videos and shows like that that harm ALL laser companies sooner or later, EVERYWHERE!!!!

I fully understand your points but you are not knowing everything about what you see.

We are developing a camera filter that is allowing more 532nm than other light, part of a CCD protection system. To prevent damage to LCD projectors and video cameras.

If you knew more about what lasers were there you would not agree they were such LOW power.

If you look in the center that laser is the most powerfull in total, its an RGB laser and you see little of red and blue as they are filtered out of the image.

We do have 10w and higher lasers and if used in that small room the whole room would be green. Look more closely and you will notice the people are not diving for the floor or holding there hands in there faces.

Anyway, thank you for your oberservations and comments, nice to know people look at the videos.

By the way, what lasers do you have?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    If you knew more about what lasers were there you would not agree they were such LOW power.

Andy,

I've known GLL (Marc) for a couple of years through various forums and I'm certain he knows what lasers are, how they work and the inherent dangers involved when working with high powered systems.

Filtering on cameras or not, it doesn't look like the beams diverge enough to be safe. I'm surprised people in the audience didn't catch on fire.

Phil

*edit*

_-_-_-found this article_-_-_-

Retinal laser accidents: mechanisms and management
    Martin A. Mainster
    Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160-7379

(Received 8 March 1999; accepted 25 November 1999)

Retinal injuries from industrial or military lasers are uncommon, but laser accidents can injure the retina and destroy central vision, permanently. Key principles of retinal anatomy and psychophysics provide a basis for understanding laser-retinal interactions, retinal trauma, and treatment options. Immediate vision loss after a laser accident depends primarily on the location and extent of retinal damage and vitreoretinal hemorrhage. Prompt ophthalmic evaluation of accident victims is indicated to determine the nature and severity of injuries to the cornea, iris, crystalline lens, and retina. There are no clinically proven therapies for minimizing the acute effects of retinal laser injuries, but vitreoretinal surgery is useful for managing complications such as persistent vitreous hemorrhages, macular holes, and epiretinal membranes. The best way to manage laser trauma is to prevent it. ©2000 Laser Institute of America.

PII: S1042-346X(00)00101-7
    doi:10.2351/1.521906
    PACS: 42.66.-p, 87.50.Hj, 01.30.Rr
    Last edited by godfrey; 02-26-2008 at 15:05. Reason: Added content