Thread: Question Re: multicolour projectors with 2 lasers

Default Question Re: multicolour projectors with 2 lasers

Hi

Why are most multicolour projectors with 2 lasers red and green; why not green-blue or red-blue? Is it purely a question of cost?

I think those combinations would be very purdy

Blue is the most expensive $/mW so RGY projectors are more abundant though RGB looks mights fine - but at a cost

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

ive got RBP lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

yes, it usally boils down to cost. if someone was going to build a BG projector, the added cost for red would be negligible. so theyll just end up building an RGB projector.

the blue lasers are by far the most expensive. so alot of people will start out with just RG and save up for the B. i do agree though, R and B give beautiful color combos as well as B and G.

-Marc

It's about cost. But even so, I think that red green yellow is more dramatic of a color range than any other combination. The contrast just seems to be greater with that combo. But, anyone with the bug will have to have all three (RGB) so it is just a matter of time before that's what you have.