Thread: Neat ebay item

Default Neat ebay item

I'm not a big fan of pointers at all, but this is pretty damn cool! Nobody bid on this item please since I'm the current high bidder! Built by a native PL'ian

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123

Lightbulb

Man... he just built it. Why put the prototype on eBay? It should have a better platform than that...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default " THE GREAT WHITE WAY " New Poll ??

Hand held....white light output.....I tell you this....Mike....is leading the curve....First I have ever seen this....only talked about before !!!! on CPF....maybe others !!! This unit is gonna go for huge bucks !!!! HUGE !!!...I bet 2K or MORE....No....I am not joking !!! You watch !!!
    The " Pointer Group "....will spend several K on blue....I can only imagine
    what they will spend on WHITE....Not to mention the CPF group....look what is spent on HID units....5K !!!!..... This is the most " Throw" for a tourch on the 3rd rock from the Sun... in all history ...HAHAHA...I think we should have a " Poll " on this too !!! Perhaps my luck will hold.....I say 2,377 USD !!!!!!!!!

CDBEAM....NO.....CDGREEN !!!!!! HAHAHA....
    BoB

WELL ????? BUMP !!!!WHAT do you think ????
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 02-18-2008 at 20:24. Reason: Curosity !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Wink

I think I will have to make one of my own...

Unhappy

Hey !!! I got up and check fleabay to find that the listing was removed because it was considered hazardous materials ! BS! BS! I don't think it was a problem until someone decided they did'nt know what it was. Maybe the CPF guys would be interested.....I had 40 some watching it and several bids... what a joke. Might just keep it and trade for something later on.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Exclamation

Here is a pic through the official Pink Floyd prism.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PANA2452.JPG  

PANA2453.JPG  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default Cdgreen !!!hahahaha

Mike,

I think the CPF guys WILL pay HUGE bucks for your " Coherent White Torch " !!!!! WE NEED COMPETITION AGAINST EBAY !!!!!!

CDBEAM / BoB
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 02-20-2008 at 03:21. Reason: Stupid spelling
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Hey !!! I got up and check fleabay to find that the listing was removed because it was considered hazardous materials ! BS! BS! I don't think it was a problem until someone decided they did'nt know what it was. Maybe the CPF guys would be interested.....I had 40 some watching it and several bids... what a joke. Might just keep it and trade for something later on.
    That doesnt happen unless someone rats on you. I do remember reading something that caught my attention as wording that was questionable for eBay. Usually the less you admit the better. If you dont say its dangerous ebay cant prove its dangerous therefor your auction stays up.

What a load... Oh well, I'm sure I would have eventually been outbid, but it was fun anyway. What amazes me, is that they yank a .025W pointer, yet you can go and buy a 40W yag, no problems.... That reminds me of the first time I've ever been to New Jersey, I pull up to a gas station, jump out to fill it up when I start getting yelled at by an attendant. It seems I can drive a 2000 pound vehicle 75 miles per hour down a highway yet I'm in some way unfit to fill up my own gas tank...

It's back. I changed some of the realistic things...like lithiums being a fire hazzard when shorted or charged incorrectly. If they pull it again it may become a raffle item.