Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Brits - Oh My God

@Jem
    Have you tried downloading it, then playing it?
    It worked that way for me.

I noticed that Rihanna walks through the green pyramid without getting sliced in 2, there is also a greeny (laser not snot ) on her back at one point.
    Do the performers not need to be a safe distance from the lasers?

@Jeroen
    There isn't anything spectacular apart from the amount of laser, we know that it is all basic effects. It's just good to see lots of lasers being used in a high profile event. After all the Brits gets watched by the majority of the english speaking world.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    @Jem
    Have you tried downloading it, then playing it?
    Hi Jim

Yes, tried that on both machines, even downloaded it twice just in case there were errors in the download. I must have a Codec missing somewhere.

Ah well....

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    @Jem
    I noticed that Rihanna walks through the green pyramid without getting sliced in 2, there is also a greeny (laser not snot ) on her back at one point.
    Do the performers not need to be a safe distance from the lasers?
    It's a 1 or 2 watt DPSS, you don't get sliced by that

@Jeroen
    There isn't anything spectacular apart from the amount of laser, we know that it is all basic effects. It's just good to see lots of lasers being used in a high profile event. After all the Brits gets watched by the majority of the english speaking world.
    I replied on the quote that it should by a Hugo-show because of the "calculations" for the pyramid and things. I just don't think any calculations have to be made to create a laser-pyramid like that, just point the small laserprojectors in the right directions and click "play"

Jem the video is on YouTube.

@Jeroen
    The slicing in 2 was TIC

Jim

Default Codecs

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    why won't it play on my PC?

I've tried it on an XP machine with Windows Media Player and on a Vista machine in both WMP and Quicktime, none of them will play it... Any (clean) suggestions??

Thanks

Jem
    Hello Jim,

You will require the Divx codec.

Look Here
    Regards,

Aidan

Thanks Aidan, it works fine now

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I seem to have stoped the recording before the credits!

I will see if I can findantoher copy to see the credits!
    Regards,

Aidan

errr there is something good about this show watch closely!!

the lasers are being projected onto two poles either side of her
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

It was hugos kit,

this e-mails from the ilda list

It was the same team as the Muze clip during the MTV awards: Lasergrafix (toby & Arron) who were hired to do the show did the programming and operating, and
    we supplied the technical support and equipment.
    For this show we used 10x 6w 532nm 0,5mrad for the pyramid effects, 4x 11w Coherent OPSL 532nm left and right of the pyramid for beam effects and the 3 "white" lasers are Coherent OPSL as well with 20w total power each.
    Total there were 17 qm2000.net projectors used.
    It was quite a challenge while the stage was not as solid (vibrations from artists jumping) as promised and we couldn't mount the lasers as we wanted, so as always there was some "mc gyfering" necessary"
    The good thing was that I managed to fit all in a KIA Sorento small(SUV) car, can you believe it 164 watts of laser power in a small car incl. all cabling and projectors?

Cheers,

Hugo
    Laserimage b.v.
    The Netherlands

what would i give to have that level of kit

wow

words arent enough!!

wonder if they have any jobs going haha
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat