Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Brits - Oh My God

wonder what those units cost, no chinese copys in that bunch!!!

Jeroen Said

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banthai
    I
    im guessing it may have been a "Hugo" job.... hes one of the few that can calculate all them piramid angles on those structures

I'm sorry, but what's so difficult/impressing on this show? It looks good, but I don't see any difficulties.. Some projectors doing a standard LivePro-effect (fan with movement) for the Pyramid and allmost the same for the other projectors?

I was not talking about just creating a fan ....

What i meant was designing the show around the structure, im sure that Hugo did not supply the pyramid, and im sure there was a lot of creative design work positioning the projectors at the correct angles to follow the structure with no overshoot top and bottom or either side, the shows i have seen by hugo tend to use the structures as part of the show wich is different to most other shows that i have seen by other people.

all the best ..... Karl

I've heard a bit about these OPSL medical lasers - "and the 3 "white" lasers are Coherent OPSL" - so the white beams are a combination of 577nm (orange yellow) and 460nm(blue). Perhaps the different divergence of the two colours makes it appear that that the alignment is slightly out in the long shots.Or maybe it was the location of the lasers on stage with the performers jumping around that missaligned the two colours.
    Even though mixing 2 colours to produce white can't depict a full spectrum of colour, one could still change the colour temperature of the beam from warm white to cold white. Not sure how usefull this would be for standard laser display work though.
    B.

Quote Originally Posted by aclasers View Post
    It was hugos kit,

The good thing was that I managed to fit all in a KIA Sorento small(SUV) car, can you believe it 164 watts of laser power in a small car incl. all cabling and projectors?
    I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by that than the show!

A definite shot in the arm for lasers in the UK, I was pleased to see a lot of serious laser gear on show at Plasa last year! Hopefully lasers will enjoy a renaisassance!

yeah,

Laser Grafix themselves are quite big now. They were doing a lot of work up at Club Tall Trees in Middlesborough before we took over from them. The last gig Toby did up there he install 3x 3Watt 532's in the club, looked awesome, not sure he was being very careful with the audience scanning though

those guys have some top kit though, obviously not as much as Hugo!

i recently met toby at a laser event in a light club.

nice chap, very friendly, but rude as he said to e-mail him and hasnt replied!

he said he had 27 lasers at the riahanna gig each running wireless pangolin cards
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yeah,

You were there with Pete and Steve weren't you? at the Operah House.

Yeah he's a good bloke, just mega busy from what I gather!

I saw the photo's you took, good eye for the women

oh dear did you!!!!

yeah i did, was one of the best nights ever.

im wont go into detail he had alot of watts crowd scanning, but there you go.

he started off a bit funny with us but turned out to be a real nice bloke. i was trying to get him to come to the meet in aug, thats why he said to e-mail him. but sadly no reply
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat