Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bumpy fun

Default bumpy fun

Hi all. heres a link to vid i just made.....it may not have uploaded yet so if the links broken just try again later...

http://cylo.co.uk/bumpy.avi

Graham

Link doesnt work!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Try now...it had'nt uploaded...

Hey Graham

That looks lovely, I particularly like the slow moving effects. What material did you use?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

WOW!! Looks awsome!!!

BTW, I think you have some dead pixels on the ccd chip

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

cruch, yeah I know I think I trod on my camara last month ...as you can see my bedroom is a total bomb site and things get lost, hidden and trodden on. I tried cleaning it but as you say its internal...do you now how I can fix it?

Jem, as for what stuff I used. It's just some plastic light covering that you get in office buildings. I was in the bathroom at work ( havng a pee, nothing sordid ) and I looked up at the lights and notice one of the panel had cracked..I looked a little closer it notice that the material looked suspicooulsy like those bumpy glass thinsg people use for lumina or what ever it its called. So I janked the remaining segment of and put it in my bag.....I'v got one of those lumina things so I compared them adn low an behold its the same stuff.
    Ive got about a sqaure foot of the stuff so if you want a little bit give me your address and Ill crack a bit off and send you some.

The slower the beam is moving the better. If you get it really slow you can see the web like efect slowy appear and dissapear.....whast this eeffect called? Laserman?
    Very start treky dont you think?

Smile

It's called "Lumina". You had it right the first time.

And you've gotten lucky - you found a perfect material to use on your first try! Beautiful effects there, Graham... Well done!

Adam

And you've gotten lucky
    Next time your in an office block, just look at the plastic panels in the ceiling.

Cool

I've actually tried several of them, but they didn't give me the right pattern. However, all the one's I've seen are all very regular. Mostly they're geometric patterns like squares or triangles or raised pyramids or something. What you really want is something more random, like the glass they use for a shower enclosure.

Greg (Displaser) sent me a couple samples of some shower glass material that he found after trying over a dozen different materials. It gives results very similar to what you had in your video. I've got it mounted on a rotating shaft, but I need a way to mount it on my projector now. Still, it's very cool stuff.

Adam