Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SilverRay New Scanner Problems - Discussion

Ohhh no! solid state dicro mounts. Ohh no. Please don't tell me it's real.

If you have a choice to align those type of mounts or do masturbation with a spiked glove. I really recommend the last option. Less painful!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Ohhh no! solid state dicro mounts. Ohh no. Please don't tell me it's real.

If you have a choice to align those type of mounts or do masturbation with a spiked glove. I really recommend the last option. Less painful!
    I don't know what the price was for this projector, but I can tell you that it's absolutely typical of a budget chinese laser. The components are what I would expect to see. the layout is usually not well thought out , but I have to say that the silverray is not the worst rgb I've ever looked at !

RGB optics are almost always fixed in all budget systems , regardless of manufacturer. The veiw is that there are " no user servicable parts inside. They assume that nothing will go out of alignment . Tools for re-aligment are a hammer , screwdiriver and a large pair of pliers , and a load of patience.

I don't really like pushing my new projectors on here , as i like to veiw this site on a hobby basis , BUT , if any UK guys want an off the shelf projector , please PM me . I could save you a lot of heartache

Some of you will know that I work for a distribution company that sells Neo lasers. http://www.neo-laser.com.cn/

There are lots to choose from , and they are built with good quality components. Something for all budgets.

All the best.

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

fluff:
    They are pricy projectors?
    Have seen lot of them and they are quite nice...

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

The projector was purchased as a 'best offer' off of EBay and was just slightly over a grand - £1020.
    Alex was the first to mention DT40's in this projector but is obviously mistaken as to what was actually installed over the ponds.
    The dichro's and dichro mounts are being changed to the Bridge ones that Milptack has currently had a GB running on.
    I had already thought that the fan arrangement was a bit dodgy when it came to 'throwing' muck all over the optics and have in mind to fit filters to the 3 inlet fans.

Been there and tried that with the pliers and the dichro mounts It's not fun!!! But I got the final beam lay down to a lot better than when the projector arrived. The new mounts and dichro's will make that a lot easier and hopefully not need so much adjustment.

It will also be getting the Laserworld scanners and the new 650 LD that Alex has promised.

It's going to take a while to get it sorted but I don't think it will be too bad for a first RGB projector when it's done
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    fluff:
    They are pricy projectors?
    Have seen lot of them and they are quite nice...
    Hi Cruch , As the saying goes , you get what you pay for !!

With the huge product range , there is a laser to fit most budgets. The key is you won't have to go shopping for other components or software as the Neo's work great out of the box.

PM me a unit and i'll give you a price. You might be surprised!

regards

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

I can vouch for the new Neo units that fluff has ..... me and Rob went to Fluffs warehouse last week and looked at the vast range of NeoNeon stock that he has, they use quality lasers and adjustable mounts, and fast scanners and some of them come with Pangolin FB3s already installed ( it is one of the few chinese companies that pangolin have worked with to improve the quality

Plus the quality is better than most far east imports, but the the small extra cost will save a lot of money on a western built unit at the same spec

all the best .... Karl

Smog - if you are going to filter the fans I would suggest HEPA filters. You might need to change the fans to ones that would be able to pull through a HEPA filter, but that way your case would be at the level of at least a 100 level clean room

Thankyou for the feedback given. In light of what has been discussed it is quite obvious that a radical change of products is in need, and will be introduced in hopefully a few months time.

As far as the laser industry is concerned, we are reletively new (only setting up in Jan of last year) and we are treating this as a learning curve, which we recognise we must take a small step back and take a look at things. At the end of the day customer feedback is essential to our overall success and we always try and take the measures possible to introduce certain changes over time.

We hope that no one has been disheartened by the recent happenings and also hope that SilverRay has not been given a bad name, as we believe that what has happened recently isnt a true reflection of our company ethic. We wish to deliver good products and also offer good aftersales service (as do any company).

We also look forward to hopefully working close with everyone on the UKLEM forum and to having Jim's laser soon sorted.

All the best and have a good weekend.
    Thanks,
    All at SilverRay.

fluff: Are you alive?? hehe I have PM'ed you and no response...yet..

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Any idea as to when I can expect these bit's to arrive Alex?

Thanks

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!