Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SilverRay New Scanner Problems - Discussion

Hello Jim,

Tried calling you today (3rd), sorry its taken a while to reply to your post, i havnt checked it for a while.

i am still waiting for CNI to deliver your red diode. While i have been waiting for the diode i have since come across one of medialas' TeraScan II scanners which claim to scan at 45kpps, 70 degree optical deflection with5x10mm mirrors . If you like the look of that then i can carry that forward as an option alongside laserworlds scanners

Medialas scanner found here:
    http://www.medialas.de/showlaser/scanning_galvos_e.htm

Let me know, you have my number if you need to call

All the very best
    Alex Boydell

Quote Originally Posted by silverray_laser_systems View Post
    i have since come across one of medialas' TeraScan II scanners which claim to scan at 45kpps, 70 degree optical deflection with5x10mm mirrors
    Sure 45kpps and 70deg but NOT at the same time - moving mirrors have their limitations. I am willing to bet the 45kpps figure is not more than 5 or 6deg optical. I am sure if Bill Benner chimed in here he could get into the technicalites of it. But the rotational inertia of the mirrors wont allow that type of acceleration at 70deg!

Yeah just verified that - the spec sheet states 45kpps @ 5deg with differential inputs

Thankyou for your input, i was aware that that was probably the case. Any thoughts Jim?

Thankyou,
    Alex Boydell
    SilverRay Laser Systems
    Last edited by silverray_laser_systems; 03-03-2008 at 07:51.

Thanks for the reply Alex.
    The Terrascan II's look to be ok mate - I know Medialas have a good name so I have no problem with them.

Thanks for the info Max - and thanks for the GB Dichro's and mounts - There darn good mounts arn't they

Regards to you both.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Just one other thing Alex, please don't forget the PSU for the Terra's if this one I have here won't do the same job.

I have all the replacement dichro mounts now just need a 15mm round dichro to reflect the red, pass the green. Either that or swap around the red and green LD's?

Thanks

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Alex,

I just wanted to also jump on this thread, I have been waiting for a reply from you on the scan set in my projector. I've good a similar poor result from the "45K" scanner, which maxes out at about 18K.

On the other hand, my red diode looks fine. Please reply via private msg or email.

Thanks!
    John K.

Default For Mr Kimble & Mr Burrill

Jim- I have received your red diode from CNI so will get onto the scanners now. could you email me your address again? Sorry its taken so long.

John - Looks like your scanners will have to be replaced as it is obvious that they just are not good enough. Feel free to email me with any suggestions from US based companies that supply 45k scanners so you can get the replacement faster. Otherwise i will have one shipped over to you from the UK

All the best, if you need to call me my number is (+44) 07816995837

Alex Boydell

Quote Originally Posted by silverray_laser_systems View Post
    Jim- I have received your red diode from CNI so will get onto the scanners now. could you email me your address again? Sorry its taken so long.

John - Looks like your scanners will have to be replaced as it is obvious that they just are not good enough. Feel free to email me with any suggestions from US based companies that supply 45k scanners so you can get the replacement faster. Otherwise i will have one shipped over to you from the UK

All the best, if you need to call me my number is (+44) 07816995837

Alex Boydell

Thanks Alex.
    Any idea as to lead times on this as I have enquiries on bookings from my website and need really to know when I shall have everything here to start work on re-vamping the projector?
    I fully understand you are busy with the course you are doing and you are indeed making necessary steps to sort out this problem but to move onto the scanner search only after the replacement red diode has arrived seems a little strange

Will it be the Medialas or the Laserworld scanners that you will be sending?
    I could do with knowing so that I can get on with arranging things and drilling the base plate.

Anyway, thanks again for your efforts.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Thanks Alex,

I'm not sure about US scanner suppliers, I see lasershowparts has scanpro30, or there are DT-40. I am cool with you shipping them from the UK when you get Jim's at the same time.

Thanks again,
    John K.