Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser Graffiti help?

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post

I have a chance to buy a brand new 3000 lumen (LCD I think, but may be DLP) Projector at a VERY reasonable price. A friend of mine uses these a lot in his business and has one 'kicking around' (that's the phrase he uses ).
    what's the make and model of your projector? also, how many hours on the lamp, and what kind of lamp does it use? Projector lamps are dammned expensive, starting at about $200 for the cheap ones. newer projectors use less expensive lamps that can be "relamped" instead of replaced, which can save you a bundle. the lamps usually last about 2,000 hours or so. depending on the projector and price, you could have a deal on your hands, but you can get a 3k lumen projector on ebay for around 500-700 dollars without too much trouble.
    "TO DO IS TO BE" - Nietzsche
    "TO BE IS TO DO" - Kant
    "DO BE DO BE DO" - Sinatra

ok after a bit more playing im starting to understand how it works.

theres still a few things im not sure on

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...3022008049.flv
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default Alert Alert Alert

ALERT ALERT ALERT

WOW WOW WOW

Have you watched the video above ?

Andy has done a fantastic job getting this working ... WELL DONE ANDY !!

Looking forward to seeing you projecting onto buckingham palalace next

I have no recollection of anyone else in UK having got this working ..so yer being innovative again

WELL DONE AGAIN !!

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
    what's the make and model of your projector? also, how many hours on the lamp, and what kind of lamp does it use? Projector lamps are dammned expensive, starting at about $200 for the cheap ones. newer projectors use less expensive lamps that can be "relamped" instead of replaced, which can save you a bundle. the lamps usually last about 2,000 hours or so. depending on the projector and price, you could have a deal on your hands, but you can get a 3k lumen projector on ebay for around 500-700 dollars without too much trouble.
    Not sure on the model yet as he's emailing me this info over the weekend sometime. I think it's a Sanyo and it comes with a spare bulb. Apparently the ones he uses are quite 'top end'. I guess i'll just have to wait until I get the model to check whether it's good value or not.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ok after a bit more playing im starting to understand how it works.

theres still a few things im not sure on

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...3022008049.flv
    Hell, that's looking GOOD

There's a bit of a lag but I suppose that's expected to some degree. Is there any way you can shorten the lag?

Damn good though.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

this is a 15k on the sides of nyc buildings for a gig i did last week
    (we paid close to 20k witha road case and no lens)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

10.jpg  

gans4.jpg  

P1010062.JPG  

i dont know.

it looks fantastic in their video but whe i do it, it does not look as good.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Mmm... That's nice

15/k lumens WOW, I bet that's a hot little baby when it's been running for a while.

Do you bother to get permission from the building's owner, or do you just blast away and ask questions later?

Cheers

Jem

it gets kinda hot but we haven't even used it indoors for any length of time yet and it was damn cold out when we did those shots

we don't ask we just do and if some one has a valid complaint we move

but the other night some women comes up to us complaining that it was going in her window and was keeping her up when we asked where she lived she point 2 blocks behind the projector
    it just happened we were in a spot where a lot of cops were hanging out so we were talking with them all night
    so she was threatening us that we need permits to do this and she was going to the cops so we said there right there go talk with them
    so basically the cops told this lady to beat it

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

pfffffffffff

spent 30mins outside in the cold and for love nor money could i get it to work!!!

i like to think im half smart, but that program makes no sense whatsoever!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat