Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALC 68 questions ?

Haha, Jem I'm in the same boat!

BTW - Your avitars are too similar, for a minute there I thought smog was talking to himself for a few posts in a row

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Haha, Jem I'm in the same boat!
    The problem is that I want an easy life, so it has to be single phase & air cooled, I don't want any of this messy watery highly electrickery stuff that Rob (Stanwax) has to mess around with

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yes! lol I would love to see an air cooled 5-10w argon that could operate on 120v or single phase for that matter.

I dont mind 3 phase, but I just dont have it at home :-/

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Yes! lol I would love to see an air cooled 5-10w argon that could operate on 120v or single phase for that matter.
    Well, you can forget about anything over a couple hundred mw in an ion laser if you want to stick with just 110 volt power. But you *can* get a watt or two of air-cooled argon running off single phase 220... (3 watts if you push it.) If you're willing to mess with a closed-loop water chiller, you can get up to 5-8 watts. But more than that just pulls too much current to run single phase.

(Well, OK, I must admit that I've been to George's house where he had an I-90 running in his garage, and that was operating off single phase power...) But he was tied directly into his breaker panel and pulling 90 + amps from it! Not exactly convenient... (And it was water cooled too.)

Adam

lol, yeah I know, I'm living in a dream world right now. Well mostly due to a lack of sleep. At about 10pm tonight I will have raked in over 28 hours of work. You've gotta love the industry. Unfortunately I don't have a camera - this gig is MASSIVE - well, for a private event.