Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laser Mame archives?

too bad cause I would have brought a semi-truck full of laser show equipment we want to get rid of.
    Very interesting, whatcha got?! Welcome to PL by the way.

Well as I said, it works, that video was from my downstairs, and I still have that projector in my garage.

So Been there, Done that, Got the T-Shirt

The screen where we recorded the video from, note that the colors in the video are offset by 1, meaning all colors are wrong

Everything here was done with a Pangolin QM2000, 6800HP scanners, eclipse amps, 8 channel Digital PCAOM, 60X Argon, 30mw HeNe, at 20' throw on a 6' screen.

Some of Asteroids frames from LaserMame were used at 6-flags Darien Lake back in their 2000 show, and we've actually done 2 weeks of LaserMame there in their Laser Theater, playing Asteroids and Tempest on a 60' screen was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    At one time I had an ILDA file that was produced from LaserMame. It showed the Tempest demo screen. It looked great when I played it on my computer ILDA viewer. But, it was not optimized at all and looked like gibberish when I tried to send it to my scanner. I would imagine that all that needs to be done in order to make it viewable is to break the vectors into pieces and then optimize them and put them back together. Also, I am not sure what the frame rate output of the arcade game is (probably pretty high) but it would need to be sampled accordingly to achieve a modest 20 or 30 frames per second that a scanner could handle. Neither of these are complicated tasks but optimizing frames takes CPU time and must be able to be completed in time to keep up with the frame rate. I bet some of Zoof's work that he did for Laseroids could be applied here. To me, it seems like the part that would cause the most brain scratching would be figuring out how to get ahold of the display vectors. I bet that if you could get ahold of the guys who wrote the MAME drivers for those vector games they would be able to help you, though. That's a lot of work to play some 1980s arcade games, though.

So how much cash did you get for selling it?

We've never sold it. Got a few nice trips/vacations out of it. Met some of the original creators of the games, met several of the mame developers for these old games.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    So how much cash did you get for selling it?

No way I could bring this to the selem as that's the week of my 20 year class reunion
    Say what? There's always the 30 year reunion, SELEM is a "can't miss" event!

Quote Originally Posted by rMuD View Post
    We've never sold it. Got a few nice trips/vacations out of it. Met some of the original creators of the games, met several of the mame developers for these old games.
    That's very cool. Sounds like it was an interesting project. So, who owns the rights to it now? You? Pangolin? Just curious.

Inprox Technologies, LLC and Raven Systems Design.. meaning we own the LaserMame Modification. and have never given anyone rights to use it besides ourselves.

Okey doke. Mystery solved.

Talking

Ahhhh. The good old days!

I've been right there in that room and seen it with my own eyes.

Good to know you still have the projector. So far, that's the best one I've ever seen.

Is it still putting out so much violet ? !!!

Beautiful!

James.

haha... um... know that box you mailed my Power Supply back in? it's still unopened, well I hope it was the Power Supply and you didn't mail me a puppy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Ahhhh. The good old days!

I've been right there in that room and seen it with my own eyes.

Good to know you still have the projector. So far, that's the best one I've ever seen.

Is it still putting out so much violet ? !!!

Beautiful!

James.