Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First "compilation" show

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Swift 3D Max will do just fine...the only problem is that it only does single color outline.
    Only have green lasers here

Do a 1024x1024 high quality render to BMP frames. Then do +127 +127 on brightnes and contrast and then convert to bitmap (no patterns) . Then run it trough Traceit.
    Has TraceIt batch functions? I'll give it a try, thanks for the idea!

I know Bill will come and start his dance about converter max. But the mater of the fact is that we are poor. So here is a poor's man solution.
    I will for sure buy the Max-converter or flash converter some day, but not now as I'm just starting business.

By the way, I'll almost certainly go for the Flash converter as I have the Swift 3D Max converter to render (real vector) flash-files from 3D max. Then I'll also be able to draw 2D-animations with Flash and use them.

JeroenVDV: That was an awsome !!!

Any good source for black scrim?

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Smile

Mosquito netting works great. Just bought some myself, and I love it. Best of all, it's CHEAP! Basically it's like the screen material you put on a window, except much smaller holes. Should be able to find it at a hardware store, or maybe a swimming pool supply store. (People use it to screen-in their pools to keep the bugs out.)

Adam

Thanks!

I bought a scrim of 14x7 meters from a theatre, and I'm currently making all the smaller scrims out of it. You'll have to search for a theatre-textiles company, they'll have all kinds of scrims available.

But, you MUST use black ones, the effect is great because you don't see the scrim hanging!

Good idea buffo!! I will try to source the local shops!

It looks like the graphic floating in thin air when projecting lasers into the scrim

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Cool

I've actually tried black, white, and a slate-gray. Of the three, believe it or not the gray was the one that was most invisible! I would have thought that the black one would be the way to go, but since there is always a little light (even if it's just scatter from the lasers on the wall), the slate gray blends in better than the black. (The black was too dark!)

The best thing about this mosquito netting stuff is that it's really cheap. I paid just $35 for a piece that was ~ 3 meters square. There's a company (Skeeta) in Tampa, Florida that sells it. If you buy from them, you'll want the "No-See-Um" netting, not the larger hole mosquito netting. Not sure if they'll ship internationally or not, but they're pretty cool people...

Adam

buffo, maby you can order it and ship it to me IF they dont ship to me!
    I email them...

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Smile

Cruch;

OK - yeah... That will work. Let me know what they say. (Will have to be after FLEM Mark II though. I won't be home 'till next week Monday.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Only have green lasers here

Has TraceIt batch functions? I'll give it a try, thanks for the idea!

I will for sure buy the Max-converter or flash converter some day, but not now as I'm just starting business.

By the way, I'll almost certainly go for the Flash converter as I have the Swift 3D Max converter to render (real vector) flash-files from 3D max. Then I'll also be able to draw 2D-animations with Flash and use them.
    Ohh forgot one more step in Traceit use Centerline function. Reduce number of points and you will get something like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new0010.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Just got an email from skeeta YES, they ship to Norway! yeah!!
    an order of 54" wide x 10 yards package $29.50 + $15 in shipping!!

Thanks buffo for mentioned the skeeta website!

Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro