Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First "compilation" show

Default First "compilation" show

Just finished the first "concept" show for the opening of a high school event next week. And yes, I did some copy/paste from a Pangolin show because I don't have the Max-converter (yet) and needed a 3D earth/tunnel

It's recorded with a cheap camera, outdoor, 20 meters distance from the 4x3m black projection-screen. Laser was running half power.

http://media.laserproductions.nl

Without a subwoofer you won't hear the hartbeat at the intro.

Keep in mind.. it's my first time doing showprogramming Enjoy!

I like it! Was that a rear-projection screen? (Like a scrim, with the laser behind it shooting towards the camera?) Looked good, but there was a lot of power coming through the scrim, and that was only 1/2 power??? What is your laser rated at?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I like it! Was that a rear-projection screen? (Like a scrim, with the laser behind it shooting towards the camera?) Looked good, but there was a lot of power coming through the scrim, and that was only 1/2 power??? What is your laser rated at?

Adam
    Hi Adam,

I'ts a black scrim (I was trying to find that word), with the laser standing behind. The laser is rated at 1W. I really like working with scrims like this one (I have one 6x4m, two 4x3m, 2 3x2m and one 8x1m for scrolling words/etc now :-)).

The great thing is that I can combine graphics and beamshows, and graphics-shows look also great with a bit of haze or smoke because the beams project ON the screen and go THROUGH the scrim!

Oh, by the way, when the show is being performed for the audience, the screen is on a (higher) stage and all the beams coming from the graphics-show will be above the audience. Only the beamshow at the end will have a bit audience scanning. I only don't have a stage in the garden of my parents home to record the video with

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Excellent use of a scrim there, especially as the logo expands onto the screen and we get the logo as well as the beams.
    A little puff (ooo-err missus) of smoke blasted out at the right moment to highlight it really adds to the effect.
    Well done.

This really is using lasers to their full potential, the co-ordinated marriage of sound and light.

Nice one fella !!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Excellent use of a scrim there, especially as the logo expands onto the screen and we get the logo as well as the beams.
    A little puff (ooo-err missus) of smoke blasted out at the right moment to highlight it really adds to the effect.
    Well done.

This really is using lasers to their full potential, the co-ordinated marriage of sound and light.

Nice one fella !!
    Thanks man! I really enjoyed making/compiling a show like this. It's just a start, I have to learn so much more

However, I would love to have the MAX-converter or the Flash-converter. I'm a graphics/3D/Flash designer so that would save me much time in drawing frames.

Audio-editing and compilation is done with Cubase 4. Still need to do the mastering by the way, the track needs some heavy compression ..

That's looking neat, well done.
    Do you only have green or will you be using full colour too.

I never work in places big enough for a scrim

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Audio-editing and compilation is done with Cubase 4. Still need to do the mastering by the way, the track needs some heavy compression ..
    I want my Quadrofuzz! So no to Cubase 4 for me. About compression. It's a time of good dynamic range so don't do compressor too much. Actually mastering is for a CD compilations to make all tracks on CD sound the same. If it's one song you don't really need mastering as long as tune is mixed properly in the beginning. People always telling me...."I need to master" I'm saying to them. "No you need to learn to mix properly" Good Intro have to have a good dynamic range. So it sounds like a god of thunder came to Earth to do some explosions. It has to blow people off their feet/chairs.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Excellent. That's what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    I want my Quadrofuzz! So no to Cubase 4 for me. About compression. It's a time of good dynamic range so don't do compressor too much. Actually mastering is for a CD compilations to make all tracks on CD sound the same. If it's one song you don't really need mastering as long as tune is mixed properly in the beginning. People always telling me...."I need to master" I'm saying to them. "No you need to learn to mix properly" Good Intro have to have a good dynamic range. So it sounds like a god of thunder came to Earth to do some explosions. It has to blow people off their feet/chairs.
    Applying compression with mastering doesn't mean just compressing the complete song and make it flat. Actually, multiband-compression on parts of a soundtrack can make it sound way more exciting! Besides, using a maximizer and just a little bit of vitalizer with big bottom can really make your audience scream for more

I'm doing music productions and mixing/mastering for both myself and other artists

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    However, I would love to have the MAX-converter or the Flash-converter. I'm a graphics/3D/Flash designer so that would save me much time in drawing frames.
    Swift 3D Max will do just fine...the only problem is that it only does single color outline. Do a 1024x1024 high quality render to BMP frames. Then do +127 +127 on brightnes and contrast and then convert to bitmap (no patterns) . Then run it trough Traceit. Then use something like Anarchy to color it. It's so easy. I know Bill will come and start his dance about converter max. But the mater of the fact is that we are poor. So here is a poor's man solution.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!