Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whoo-Hoo! My new Blue 473 LaserWave is here!!

Lightbulb

I do not think there is a solution. As far as I know it happends to all blue dpss lasers. At least 473 nm. Anyone more knowledgeable than I want to chime in. I'd be impressed if the LaserWaves did not suffer from this.

I mix in a tiny bit of green with the blue. The color shift to cyan is hardly noticeable but it smooths out the blue and makes it a bit brighter. I applied this trick in laser tennis and some people have responded that the game made their blue look better than ever before

Wow - interesting idea there Zoof! I'll have to try that once I get my first blue - but that wont be until next fall probably - hopefully by then I can get a 2watt blue for >2grand hahahahahahaha fat chance - I can dream cant I?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    I mix in a tiny bit of green with the blue.

BOOOO... That is not a solution. I also like my blue deep. I REALLY want a 457nm. I wonder if 457s have the same issue... My problem with the mixing green in is that I seem to notice the noise with cyan and magenta, sometimes white if I am looking for it. Has anyone looked for it with the blu rays?

It wouldn't be an issue with the blue ray diode since from what I understand the problem stems from the cooling precision of the frequency doubling crystals.

But I dont think the 457nm needs to be kept as precise - you could just avoid all the dpss blues and go with one of the 445nm ones from Arctos or the 600/1200mw versions from Medialas!

Is LW plaining to make 300mw-400mw blue?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    you could just avoid all the dpss blues and go with one of the 445nm ones from Arctos or the 600/1200mw versions from Medialas!
    Yea, some day over the rainbow...

Dr. Laser - They have 473nm up to 400mw as of now.

They're developing 1watt+ currently.

I dont know why people want to keep straying away further from the visible spectrum -- it's like 635nm vs 660 - its 5 times brighter- the same for blue. Yeah cyan/aqua is my fav color.. that sounded gay ..uhh.. oh well ..
    MORE PICS of my new favorite laser- Bridge's-LaserWaveYee-Haw!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridge2.JPG  

Lightbulb

Come on Steve... I want that DEEP blue. 488 is cool, 473 is very nice... but 457, now that ice cold BLUE! It is the color palette I want, DEEP blue to DEEP red. 442 to 680 or so.

At least your favorite color isn't pink.