Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whoo-Hoo! My new Blue 473 LaserWave is here!!

Default Whoo-Hoo! My new Blue 473 LaserWave is here!!

YES!! Not only did it arrive FAST (1 week) -it's Awesome !! The beam looks under 1 mm, really tight, divergence is spectacular and it burns a mark in my dell pc faceplate from 4 ft away (my poor -mans power meter) ( I consider laser scars on my equipment as badges of honor)
    Bridge says it's the 80 mW version but I think theyre under-rated
    Nice screw-on cap to protect the lens when not in use.
    The box came with bubble-wrap on the OUTSIDE and plenty of foam on the inside. Excellent service too!!
    Here's some pix:
    Too bad I'm such a lousy photographer-- doesnt do it justice..
    All I have to say is THANX BRIDGE!!!! and as far as my lousy photos--Sorry Bridge.. BUT...
    I finally get to build an RGB .. YEAHHH!!!
    Nice solid unit. Beautiful Blue Good Quality!
    I highly recommend LaserWave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laserwave.JPG  

Thumbs up

Nice Steve! Now you really got the itch. You got till this weekend to get it installed and scanning...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

woohoo steve!!!

ya got it huh?? congrats man. yeah, so far mine has been perfect also.

CNI----watch out!!!

bridge- you da man!!

Hi Steve,
    Glad to hear you had received the blue unit, most pleasure is that you like it, .wish it will give you more pleasure.
    congratulations, I can't waiting to see your RGB unit, that will be nice, is it you prepare for the FLEM?
    haha, if you 'd like show us larger(bigger) photos that will be better.

woohoo steve!!!

ya got it huh?? congrats man. yeah, so far mine has been perfect also.

CNI----watch out!!!

bridge- you da man!!
    thanks ,Marc, also very happy you are satisfy our products, are you finished building your big RGB unit, if you need any lasers or optics design support, I 'd like that I can do something for you.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Bridge- I'll try to post more photos, but I'm not a very good photograherand my cameras aren't good..
    Allthat- Yeah, I'll be dreaming of the day-- I still got a red 636 to build.. and G-124s to design an amp and interface to come up with-- I wish I could take the fast-good route and buy pangolin and DT-40s but that's just not me ,,, Oh well....
    BUT.. I've got the 473 and a 532 I may combine with my laser-widow or basic-stamp II and have some cheezy fun anyway ..I gotta order a 473/532 dichro now tho.. the pit ..oh.. the pit... ahh.. cha-$-ching...heh...
    Gotta- glad to hear you like yours too .. Yeah, CNI, look-out!! There's some competition in town...
    Some people say that diode lasers cant compete with gas lasers in beam quality, but looking at this Laserwave 473, I gotta say that I seriously doubt that anymore. It looks good or better than my 2 argons I own..
    Things are definitely changing..
    Bridge- I doubt if I can make it to FLEM.. Florida is about a day and a half drive from here.. I'll probably not even make it to SELEM this year.. Maybe Selem 2009 I'll have my rig together.. I'm making this project last a while because it's fun building...
    Last edited by steve-o; 02-26-2008 at 19:27.

Lightbulb

Steve, when you look at the dpss blue when scanning you will see the problem with beam quality. There seems to be "noise" all along the scanned blue line. I think that is where everyone issue is. I'll try to take a picture when I get home tonight to show you.

Also, there is a set of g124 amps on eBay... or there was. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

OK I see- It's not made for cell scanning or interferometry but wtf- were into light-shows right? Apologies..to the argon crowd.. (which i'm one of) - Aaron- thanx for the link. Gotta go to bed now... zzzzzzz

What can I say, the LaserWave's modules are impressive!
    I got CNI lasers also and the LaserWave lasers are better than CNI.

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

AllThat...yeah I noticed that *noise* but keep forgetting to mention it....Which other threads have spoken about it?

I see it in the lines on the wall and I aslo see it in the air in the beam.....

So the solution is a new power supply?

Cheers,
    Graham

Bridge claims that his 473nm blue does not suffer from the noise.