Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight Sim?

Default Flight Sim?

anyone know of a really good flight sim for a windows XP machine?? i never really got into gaming or anything but i really enjoy flight sims and have been itching for a good one.
    military type. missile lock, blow up the bad guys, take off, landing, f-16's...ya know...cool shit!?!?

anyone??

I have an older version of the Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator game. It's pretty good but there aren't any jets. But it's still cool. I also played the demo of Crimson skies and it was pretty cool, too.

If you do find a good game please post here. I have a force feedback joystick that just sits in the closet and I'd love to break it out and use it some. I definitely need a fun break from all of this Spaghetti Laser Show programming.

Somewhere, in a vast pile of junk I probably still have Microsoft Flight Simulator that I used to run on my 286...with 1 meg of memory...

It's on two 5.25" floppy disks... I'm sure Vista would have no trouble denying the software access to run.

You'd probably have to toss in an 8bit ISA Sound Blaster, IRQ/5 DMA/330. But that might conflict with the mouse's IRQ - so disable and uninstall that, reboot in safe mode - make sure the OSI layers are happy in the TCP/IP stack, reboot again (this time in debug mode). Install Novell Netware 3.11 or OS/2 Warp (you're choice) enable NetBIOS and you're good to go.

godfrey-
    youre a big fan of windows huh??

carmangary-
    ill let ya know if i end up with a good one. still searching around. i want fighter jets and stuff. not propeller planes.
    -Marc

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    godfrey-
    youre a big fan of windows huh??
    No. I much prefer Linux and run the Debian distro. However, most of the applications I run are for Windoze so that would be the OS I spend most of my time in.

I remember playing Falcon 3.0 on a 486 which was a lot of fun. I have falcon 4.0 sitting on my bookshelf but haven't played it much. It is a very accurate F-16 sim.
    For more recent sims I can recommend this site: http://www.combatsim.com/

If you have FS2004 or newer versions.....you can get and fly almost any aircraft that has been made to date from here...

http://www.surclaro.com/

The Eurofighter is a personal favorite...I had built and flown a 1/5 scale version of it with a 30ld thrust turbine. Pic in my gallery. I have sold it though....not enough time to fly on a regular basis and be on top of the skills with it.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

You guys really need to look up "poontang".

I had to look it up

Jim

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cool

Really?
    What a sheltered life you must have led.
    I hope you used Google images too.