Thread: Parts for my first projector

Smile Parts for my first projector

Hi everyone, i'm really happy that i found this forum as it answered so many question for me so i decided to start building my first projector. I believe that many of you experienced laserists have some parts which you want to get rid of or they arent good ebough for you anymore so i would consider your offers. Basically i am looking for 20k galvo scanning system or components, my budget is quite tight but i am only trying to get some experience with my first projector so it wouldnt be anything too fancy...
    Anyway thanks for your replies in advance
    Cheers

Welcome to PL - You have found the laserists goldmine of knowledge! There is a great wealth of information if you just search for it, and many of the members here will respond within a few minutes if you have a question you cant find the answer for.

Let us know a little bit more about what it is that you want to build and what your budget actually is. I too have a tight budget, but it is not as tight as others on this board, so that term can be interpreted quite vaguely.

Also specify a few things like if you would like your projector to be a green only DPSS, or if you are planning on going with a gas laser. There are many possibilities, the more information we can get from you the better the direction we can provide.

Regards,
    Max

Well i am going to build one colour green DPSS projector for now... also would use some kind of free and simple software , my main aim in this thread is to get a pair of galvos with mount , control boards/amps and and a power supply. My budget can vary from 200 to 800 bucks... it depends on what offer i get. but of course i would consider the cheap ones at first place first
    By the way thanks for your quick reply Max
    P.s. sorry for any grammar mistakes i make as i am not english or american :P

Take a look at dave's post in the for sale section, lasershowparts are doing a good deal on the scanpro20 at the moment I believe

No worries about your English, you write a lot better than many Americans

You might want to contact Jian (through PM on the forums) he makes and sells the DT40 Pros that is what I personally use and they are a great little set of galvos. However, I suggest you go through the Pangolin route to get them. So order your set through Jian, but have them shipped to Pangolin. Bill will change the driver and tune them PERFECTLY for you and for FREE, just pay the $20-50USD shipping from Pangolin back to you.

One of the best suggestions I can offer is to plan out as much as you can now before you dive in at all! Think about down the line if you want to add red or blue. Its best to do things once as the price you pay for mistakes can be prohibitively expensive.

As far as software - I am not a software guy, I went with the FB3 and love it, and now want to upgrade to LD2000. But there are a few free software kits out there. Like Spaghetti which was designed by a PLer "carmangary" who is a great guy that could probably help you out in this area better than I could.

Regards,
    Max

i PM'd to Dave, offered western uion transfer but it seems that he got scared or smth...i dont ger any response...... as he said west union is in the last place for payments... the thing is that im not allowed to make payments by paypal anymore for some reason... no idea why...

Western Union is fine
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool Dave woke up just kidding i am being an asshole and thinking that the earth is spinning around me
    Dave, i made an order, waiting for further details
    cheers